• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[ROM][GPL][NONSENSE] aospMod v0.9.8 | AOSP 2.2.1 (Froyo) [11/26/2010]

If you boot into Recovery you SHOULDN't see the "android Screen"

Heard of this issue if the battery is too low. Try plugging in the phone...wait 5 minutes....then hold volome down and Power. - SHOULD get you into recovery

Thanks alot...I just did a nandroid. I had one from 3 days ago. I think I was running to Manny apps at one time trying to drain my batter quick. its all good now, thank God for nandroids.

Upvote 0
Yep I know I kept RM only for my stock backup, so when I want to restore my stock to update Profile or PRL, I flash CWM and restore Stock, then flash back my AOSP backup,and then flash the RA recovery back, RA is sweet though, can't get it to work on my stock when I try to set it up with terminal emulator it keeps telling me IMG not found on the rooted stock, but the IMG is on the card, I think it is a stock issue and 2.1 with TE.

Don - Remember if you want to go back to an old backup you will need to use CM.

Upvote 0
How does this compare to CM 6.1?

I get about 330 as a quadrant score so if that 518 is accurate, that's a pretty big improvement. Although quadrant scores are pretty useless.

Nah, I believe using quadrant scores is a good indication of how your phone is running with different frameworks.

I've always gotten 440-470 with CM6 and 470-500 with aosp's roms.

But remember, aosp's rom is bone stock AOSP whereas CM6 has many extra features included;)

Reactions: MahaloCat
Upvote 0
Man this ROM is fast. Excuse my ignorance but I am new to AOSP. When I try to download the Gapps it says download unsuccessful the content is not supported on this phone????? Also how to I get my contacts? It won't let me sync to gmail contacts. Any help???

Click here : http://bit.ly/djMqxW

Download Gappstiny -
Reboot into recovery -
Wipe Davlik
Flash Gapps
Reboot.
Sign into google.

Upvote 0
Link works just fine, just tested it to see, are you downloading from your phone or your PC, download to the PC and save to the desktop and then transfer to your phone, also make sure that your browser is not blocking you from downloading the link

I can't even download your link same message?

Reactions: johnny124
Upvote 0
Update on this version, I have been noticing peeps having issues with restoring this version, some getting boot loops, some getting stuck on the Android splash screen as myself, some getting boot loop issues from bluetooth, I went to update my PRL by wiping everything, flashing Liquidsense, then updating the PRL then wiping everything again, then flashing back my v9.8 Nanadroid and got stuck on the Android splash screen 3 times to no avail. So there is some sort of pattern with these issues and I believe AOSP is looking into the issues with the logcat that some are posting over @ XDA. In the meantime I am back to v9.7 for now as that has not given me any issues to date.

Reactions: davekaye
Upvote 0
I am also suffering from getting stuck on the Android Boot screen after flashing. Had trouble with the sync function in 9.8 so decided to reflash and now I can't bring up 9.8 at all. I'll look for 9.7 to install and await fixes to 9.8.
***Just loaded 9.7 and it came up right away. So there is something askew with 9.8. And my sync function is back to normal.

Upvote 0
I am also suffering from getting stuck on the Android Boot screen after flashing. Had trouble with the sync function in 9.8 so decided to reflash and now I can't bring up 9.8 at all. I'll look for 9.7 to install and await fixes to 9.8.
***Just loaded 9.7 and it came up right away. So there is something askew with 9.8. And my sync function is back to normal.

Did you wipe everything? Data, Davlik cache and cache

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones