• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][ICS] MIUI V4-2.9.14 alpha 4 (9/16/12)

I tried first for data, and then with Wifi and it was a no-go for me.

Yes the battery draining is bad.

Camera problems, blood, are that it takes distorted green pictures.

That's odd. The only problems I had with the ROM where random booting, and sometimes I could send a text message and the person I sent it to would not get it. It would say it sent but no one would receive it. And 3G would act up. I never had the problem you are having. Try and re flash the ROM and see what happens or try and reboot

Upvote 0
So are you saying that the rear cam is working??? I can not wait till the cam works on this rom or cm9 or cm10 !

From what I've been reading over in the cm9/cm10 dev thread, it probably won't be long before the cameras are working like they are supposed to. There has been some recent progress concerning the cameras in the past 2 days. :D

Upvote 0
Would anyone recommend this over the CM9 ROM? Which one has less bugs than the other. Is the interface the only difference?

This is more stable, everything should be working on CT as is based on GB, except the BT but there's some fix for that on a .zip in some place on this tread.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Forget that upside, i was talking about CT

Upvote 0
One thing, I have noticed that when making calls, the speaker cuts out. (Not speakerphone, just the normal ear speaker.) Toggling speakerphone on and off seems to help.

+++ Edit +++

I had to switch back to CT. It seems that my calls and text messages weren't reliably getting sent out, or received by me. I LOVE MIUI, though. Blood, have you abandoned this in favor of working on the JB version?

Upvote 0
LG Marquee does not even power on after I played with MiUI rom. It worked for a while then nothing works. LG logo does not appear while it is connected to charger or computer with USB cable. My computer does not even recognize when the phone is connected with computer.

HELP! I installed a theme, went to reboot my phone and it went dead on me. IT will not even power on now. lol. I try to get it in CWM and the phone has no power at all. Looks like I gotta send it in for warranty.

Oh well, shit happens. lol See you guys in a couple of weeks.:p

Upvote 0
LG Marquee does not even power on after I played with MiUI rom. It worked for a while then nothing works. LG logo does not appear while it is connected to charger or computer USB cable. My computer does not even recognize when the phone is connected with computer.

The rom doesn't do anything that can damage the phone. You probably have battery or hardware failure.

Reactions: soumen
Upvote 0
LG Marquee does not even power on after I played with MiUI rom. It worked for a while then nothing works. LG logo does not appear while it is connected to charger or computer with USB cable. My computer does not even recognize when the phone is connected with computer.

Try a different battery. If that doesn't work,I Hope your phone is under warranty. The reason I had problems was because I had motherboard failure. I had to send it into the factory and have the motherboard replaced.:eek:

Upvote 0
I generally play with different ROMs. I like CTMod as it has good performance without bells and whistles. Some people already complained about the battery is getting hot with MIUI ics based rom in LG Marquee. May be LG Marquee is not designed for ICS. But I'm not sure if some people have the same experience after installing the rom I'll stay away from this rom with my LG Marquee. Thanks.

Upvote 0
I generally play with different ROMs. I like CTMod as it has good performance without bells and whistles. Some people already complained about the battery is getting hot with MIUI ics based rom in LG Marquee. May be LG Marquee is not designed for ICS. But I'm not sure if some people have the same experience after installing the rom I'll stay away from this rom with my LG Marquee. Thanks.

I don't know about others, but my marquees battery got hot before I flashed any custom roms. I've had that happen on a few different roms since then too. I think the little bugger just runs hot, but I'm not certain

Upvote 0
Which ICS based rom do you like or recommend in LG Marquee as per as performance is concerned?

I'm probably not the one to listen to, but if you are looking for performance I suggest sticking to CTmod. I believe all of the ics roms are on the same level right now as far as what works and what doesn't, and are all still in test phases if not abandoned for the jb builds.

Edit: just went back a page to your other posts. I thought you were just talking about the back getting hot not boot issues lol. I would listen to what these guys said for sure though, the rom is definitely not what caused your issues.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones