• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][JB][CM] Paranoid Android Ver2.53 Alpha 1 (01MAY2013)

Here's a boot logo I made today. Will load this rom when it has 3G data and rear camera working.

Note it looks squeezed as forum only allows up to 750 pixels tall, so resize it to 800 tall
(keep width at 480)

Attachments

• JB-BOOT-af.png
    JB-BOOT-af.png
    184.5 KB · Views: 103
Upvote 0
So wait.. Does 3g work?

Wait so what changed, BSydz?
Second release.
Changes:
First boot may get stuck, it is the graphics driver, I just use adb reboot and it works fine, you should be able to pull battery and should boot fine after that.
Wifi saves password and reconnects after sleeping.
Other fixes across the board.

Not working:
3G
GPS?
HDMI
Camera will NOT preview but will take pics
Video does not record or play
to be continued...

He got the m410 kernel working, and the camera.
I have the M410 kernel up to date on github, but it is not included in this ROM, I just used the kernel that was in my jellybean folder and updated the touch screen, GPU and wanna say netfilter. I'll get it all together once I get a chance.

Upvote 0
I have the M410 kernel up to date on github, but it is not included in this ROM, I just used the kernel that was in my jellybean folder and updated the touch screen, GPU and wanna say netfilter. I'll get it all together once I get a chance.

Oh, ok.

I have some time tomorrow, and I'm going to look at 3g. rukin5197 gave me a bunch of info a while ago, I guess there's some problems with a patch and NV_READY when cm refactored the RIL code.

Reactions: RolaAddict
Upvote 0
Oh, ok.

I have some time tomorrow, and I'm going to look at 3g. rukin5197 gave me a bunch of info a while ago, I guess there's some problems with a patch and NV_READY when cm refactored the RIL code.
I've been looking in to it and there seems to be an error in socketclient which is located in system/core/libsysutils. The thing is I don't really know if we need the nv_ready stuff or not. Everything is being read perfectly fine just no data connection, dunno what to say. The other FB0 devices have working data, but none of them have their source online, that I can find, only kernels. I had put together a zip with all the old NV stuff from ICS merged in and buildable in the very first CM10 thread but it broke more than it fixed. I figured if it was what needed to happen then somebody could use it for reference.

I am digging around trying to rebuild my first alpha build to see why it overlayed the preview for the camera in hopes of fixing the preview and video playback.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Upvote 0
I've been looking in to it and there seems to be an error in socketclient which is located in system/core/libsysutils. The thing is I don't really know if we need the nv_ready stuff or not. Everything is being read perfectly fine just no data connection, dunno what to say. The other FB0 devices have working data, but none of them have their source online, that I can find, only kernels. I had put together a zip with all the old NV stuff from ICS merged in and buildable in the very first CM10 thread but it broke more than it fixed. I figured if it was what needed to happen then somebody could use it for reference.

Well, here is the commit g60 made for getting cm9 data working:

https://github.com/MTCM9/android_frameworks_base/commit/e23513c7724a9345bb79ea29f0a5ad3e579ec84e

and, we have no_icc set in our system.prop....

I will look for your post in the cm10 thread.

Upvote 0
Well, here is the commit g60 made for getting cm9 data working:

https://github.com/MTCM9/android_frameworks_base/commit/e23513c7724a9345bb79ea29f0a5ad3e579ec84e

and, we have no_icc set in our system.prop....

I will look for your post in the cm10 thread.
Here is the original commit from yumbrad. Bout to do some digging. We should be able to use the radio on, but I am gonna see if I can rewrite that tidbit.
This is the commit message:

Port simplified and somewhat generalized ("no icc" rather than just "

Upvote 0
I've got your pa2 checkout out, but "brunch triumph" isn't working. I see a "full-eng" target and a lot of others that don't look right. This is the error I'm getting:

Code:
build/core/product_config.mk:209: *** No matches for product "cm_triumph".  Stop.
Device triumph not found. Attempting to retrieve device repository from CyanogenMod Github (http://github.com/CyanogenMod).

Upvote 0
I've got your pa2 checkout out, but "brunch triumph" isn't working. I see a "full-eng" target and a lot of others that don't look right. This is the error I'm getting:

Code:
build/core/product_config.mk:209: *** No matches for product "cm_triumph".  Stop.
Device triumph not found. Attempting to retrieve device repository from CyanogenMod Github (http://github.com/CyanogenMod).

PA and a lot of the other ROMs use a script in the root directory to build.

This is what PA uses:
[HIGH]./rom-build.sh triumph -j4[/HIGH]

Upvote 0
So I am assuming the kernel you used on all the May JB builds is the same from the Jan PA CM JB build?

Upvote 0
Hey BSydz thanks for stopping by IRC I think it was productive. I got a ROM booting... not quite sure what the problem was, I possibly disconnected a copy too early.

I'm currently wondering if we still need to register for EVENT_NV_READY, you can see a lot of differences there between jb and ics. It looks like this EVENT_NV_READY is disconnected from the NV_READY in CommandsInterface. Maybe this event is coming from our ril blob.

It still seems to me like we need to set is3gpp to false, and probably also isSubscriptionFromIccCard, although I am less sure on that one.

Upvote 0
setup was extremely smooth after the initial need for a battery pull, incredibly smooth and responsive. outstanding work to to restore some apps, update getting stuck on animation when trying to reboot
Yea it's the bootanimation that is doing that I'm sure.Do you get it where you see a white flash on your screen and it goes back to the jellybeans?

Upvote 0
Hey BSydz thanks for stopping by IRC I think it was productive. I got a ROM booting... not quite sure what the problem was, I possibly disconnected a copy too early.

I'm currently wondering if we still need to register for EVENT_NV_READY, you can see a lot of differences there between jb and ics. It looks like this EVENT_NV_READY is disconnected from the NV_READY in CommandsInterface. Maybe this event is coming from our ril blob.

It still seems to me like we need to set is3gpp to false, and probably also isSubscriptionFromIccCard, although I am less sure on that one.
While pulling strings for all the RIL files, there is no NV_READY anywhere.

libril.so only contains these
RADIO_UNAVAILABLE
RADIO_OFF
RADIO_ON

While using one of the network tools, there are about 20 on the market, it showed both voice and data connected with signal readings that were different.

Also, while messing with switchit, which is just like using anycut to make a shortcut to Phone info. But anycut doesn't work with JB. So, I used QuickShortcutMaker and selected:
Settings
Phone info
I found that there were no Data attempts. And, it does some crazy stuff when you switch things like preferred network type.

Just throwing that out there before I forget.

Upvote 0
While pulling strings for all the RIL files, there is no NV_READY anywhere.

libril.so only contains these
RADIO_UNAVAILABLE
RADIO_OFF
RADIO_ON

While using one of the network tools, there are about 20 on the market, it showed both voice and data connected with signal readings that were different.

Also, while messing with switchit, which is just like using anycut to make a shortcut to Phone info. But anycut doesn't work with JB. So, I used QuickShortcutMaker and selected:
Settings
Phone info
I found that there were no Data attempts. And, it does some crazy stuff when you switch things like preferred network type.

Just throwing that out there before I forget.
Nice find but I got a question.....why it's aLogcat working on JB?I used 2 different ones and neither worked.

Upvote 0
At the risk of sounding like a noob how do I move it to system/app.I know how to move files on my SD card using file manager but have no how to move installs apps on the system.

I use ES file explorer. With that I can go into settings and mount root (/) as writable and then just copy it over.

Another way would be to use ADB with
Code:
adb shell "mount -o rw,/system"
adb pull /data/app/(the name of the package)
adb push /system/app/(the name of the package)

I might have the mount command wrong, but the idea should work. I know there is another way to do it, but I'll have to look into it at home.

Upvote 0
First, amazing job on the ROM super smooth. Can wait for future updates, but I want to bring up a issue with video playback just being a black screen that plays audio with no video (YouTube, browser, ect...) any help would be greatly appreciated butif not cm9 for now I guess :)
MX Player works from market use it in S/W codec for that ROM.I posted a thread on what works and what everyone can use but no one seems to care :(.3 days of testing and no comments or feedback.Tho Adamto did message me about one thing I posted about the ROMs.

Upvote 0
... And yet another way, if you have Ti Backup, long press app name and select Convert To System App.

I use ES file explorer. With that I can go into settings and mount root (/) as writable and then just copy it over.

Another way would be to use ADB with
Code:
adb shell "mount -o rw,/system"
adb pull /data/app/(the name of the package)
adb push /system/app/(the name of the package)

I might have the mount command wrong, but the idea should work. I know there is another way to do it, but I'll have to look into it at home.
Thanks for the info!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones