• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ROM Manager won't make backup

After alot of messing around, I reloaded a Sprint RUU, used SuperOneClick1.7 (1.9 would not work), removed bloatware, setup phone, etc.
Now I am ready to make a backup of this stock rooted image, and try the AOSP froyo and GB again. However, in ROM Manager, I tell it to backup current rom, rename it, allow it superuser, and it reboots to a screen with a picture of a phone with an exclamation point on it. Do I need to be using an older version of Rom manager because I am using an older RUU?
ROM Manager= v4.2.1.0
Software/Build#= 2.27.651.6

After alot of messing around, I reloaded a Sprint RUU, used SuperOneClick1.7 (1.9 would not work), removed bloatware, setup phone, etc.
Now I am ready to make a backup of this stock rooted image, and try the AOSP froyo and GB again. However, in ROM Manager, I tell it to backup current rom, rename it, allow it superuser, and it reboots to a screen with a picture of a phone with an exclamation point on it. Do I need to be using an older version of Rom manager because I am using an older RUU?
ROM Manager= v4.2.1.0
Software/Build#= 2.27.651.6

You need to flash a recovery image first. Its the top option when you open rom manager just touch it and it will tell you it flashed succesfully when its done.

Also, it is recommended to reboot to recovery and create your back up from the recovery menu rather than use rom manager to create the back up of the rom.

Reactions: jasonofx
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones