• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Mobster Remix - 07/18/13 only 265 MB

06/24/2013

• New Install Method
  • Increase Performance
  • Added more Camera options
  • Added Dolby, Beats, and Unlocked Surround
  • Added Sony Bravia Engine 3

A good update IMO and the Sony Bravia Engine 3 real makes 3D Shine :)

Love the rom! I just migrated to it yesterday from Angry Bean, and I must say, it's nice to have full MMS functionality back. The battery life has been outstanding (so far), too. Thanks for all your hard work!

I was wondering, is there a way to enable Silent Mode on the phone? It would be nice to have a link to it in Quick Settings, although that would kind of clutter up the list (and that's where Leedroid would have come in handy).

Upvote 0
Love the rom! I just migrated to it yesterday from Angry Bean, and I must say, it's nice to have full MMS functionality back. The battery life has been outstanding (so far), too. Thanks for all your hard work!

I was wondering, is there a way to enable Silent Mode on the phone? It would be nice to have a link to it in Quick Settings, although that would kind of clutter up the list (and that's where Leedroid would have come in handy).

Volume Down until you see this icon

8k2.png

And i'm glad your enjoying it :)

Upvote 0
have a bit of a noob question about Beats audio in this (and other ROMs) but am I missing something by always feeling like that is the weakest setting in the sound enhancer options? Am I missing a way to customize it more like in DSP Manager? If I use the app I've seen in Nega's ROMs Noozxoide instead of the built in sound enhancers will it cause any problems? Thanks for any feedback

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.noozxoidelabs.eizo.rewirepro

Upvote 0
have a bit of a noob question about Beats audio in this (and other ROMs) but am I missing something by always feeling like that is the weakest setting in the sound enhancer options? Am I missing a way to customize it more like in DSP Manager? If I use the app I've seen in Nega's ROMs Noozxoide instead of the built in sound enhancers will it cause any problems? Thanks for any feedback

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.noozxoidelabs.eizo.rewirepro

try it and let us know :)

Upvote 0
So far, pretty good and haven't had any music glitches (skipping, crashes, etc) but have only gotten in about 1 hr of total listening time. Have to be sure "No Effects" are selected in the Sound Enhancers in the stock music app then go into the app and adjust as desired. I can't get all my settings into one shot but if anyone else wants to see what mine are set at with pretty mediocre headphones its:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-06-27-11-48-42.png
    Screenshot_2013-06-27-11-48-42.png
    54.6 KB · Views: 85
Upvote 0
I'll chime in and also state that I'm loving this ROM. There is one annoying issue that others have mentioned that is making me consider going back to a sense ROM.

When I receive a phone call my screen turns on but my lock screen shows up. I am unable to quickly view who is calling unless I unlock my phone first. This means in situations where having a phone out and/or ringing is shunned upon (meeting, movie, etc) I'm spending more time with it out before I know if it's an important call or something I can ignore and mute.

Any chance you can put this back in or offer an option to change this?

Thanks!

Upvote 0
I'll chime in and also state that I'm loving this ROM. There is one annoying issue that others have mentioned that is making me consider going back to a sense ROM.

When I receive a phone call my screen turns on but my lock screen shows up. I am unable to quickly view who is calling unless I unlock my phone first. This means in situations where having a phone out and/or ringing is shunned upon (meeting, movie, etc) I'm spending more time with it out before I know if it's an important call or something I can ignore and mute.

Thanks!

I am seeing this as annoying as well, otherwise ROM is pretty awesome

Upvote 0

Thanks!

I believe this is a known issue on "Senseless" ROMs based off of stock. I have tried to find a fix, but nothing has worked. The only solution is to use the Sense lockscreen, but then you lose the Senseless factor. I personally find the Sense lockscreen annoying, so that is a price to pay to be rid of it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones