• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM]{MS840} Number_Two v1.8 ~ ZVA

i stilll have much to do for this one lol hard without an actual device tho ;)

I would wish I could let you use my phone full on, but my connect is my daily driver. I cant live without it. I am willing to guineapig test a beta rom or two, as long as it is fairly safe (as in if something goes wrong I can do a nandroid restore). We are technically close, so potentaly we could work something out giving you physical access to my phone (seeing as your a tiny bit north of where I am lol)

Upvote 0
its a good ROM i just get why some of the stock apps where removed like the alarm clock and then replaced with another one or the stock weather well that one i guess doesn't work with the launcher that's included it doesn't work with go launcher ex either.

Yes I kinda went through some withdrawls there. The stock alarm app was quite useful. But I have found I love alarm droid more. To replace the stop watch portion I was missing, I used Ultrachron Lite; which works great, and looks very fancy. In the end I am using two seprate apps to replace the missing functionality of singular alarm app, but I dont mind it one bit.

Upvote 0
i am having the same issue, app crashes when trying to pair.

How do i resolve this ldrifta?

bump for fix,

I also have the problem of not having access to copy files/folders to the "/" of the device.. or any folders besides in the mnt/sdcard folder.

my issue is ringtones and notifications become locked when i connect my phone to charge.. and it by default goes to mass storage. meaning if i get a call when my SD is mounted on my computer i get a silent ring.

Upvote 0
Where do I find the blitzkreig kernal??? and how would I got about installing it. I like Number Two

Its in either in 1 of the stickies at the top or u will have to go back a few pages and find it or if someone would b so kind and put up a link to that thread for u. I would link u to it but I'm on my phone and using the phandroid app and I don't know how to put up a link from one thread to another while in this app sorry. And u would go about installing it the same way u would flash a rom. Right on, I hope I have helped u in some way :)

Upvote 0
Its in either in 1 of the stickies at the top or u will have to go back a few pages and find it or if someone would b so kind and put up a link to that thread for u. I would link u to it but I'm on my phone and using the phandroid app and I don't know how to put up a link from one thread to another while in this app sorry. And u would go about installing it the same way u would flash a rom. Right on, I hope I have helped u in some way :)

so just install it without whiping everything bassically.

Kinda like installking Gapps

correct?

Upvote 0
After getting my new connect and feeling unsatisfied with the look and feel of the Stock ROM, plus the tons of METROBloatware, I rooted my phone and decided to give this a go. Needless to say I've been amazed by how much of a difference it has made. The Phone feels fast and snappy and the battery while still adequate lasts me much longer. I paired this with your ZVA theme and am enjoying the phone :D

Upvote 0
Help, my wifes connect takes about 15 min to boot avery time i restart it...
I'll reflash the rom later lets see if that helps:mad:
do you have any 'auto-cache wipe' thing set up on her device?? lol thats usually the only reason for an extremely long reboot..

sorry i been gone so long guys.. hows the rom running? does it need any fixing? lol too many comments to read through :/ ill read them later but i have some time to patch things up if needed...

and i see kanaida working on an ics rom!! thats awesome hope it gets up and running soon!!! :D

Reactions: viceless
Upvote 0
do you have any 'auto-cache wipe' thing set up on her device?? lol thats usually the only reason for an extremely long reboot..

sorry i been gone so long guys.. hows the rom running? does it need any fixing? lol too many comments to read through :/ ill read them later but i have some time to patch things up if needed...

and i see kanaida working on an ics rom!! thats awesome hope it gets up and running soon!!! :D

I did a CLEAN flash of 1.5 and everything is working now, thanks bro!!

Upvote 0
A very simple setting under Development. It keeps your screen on while charging if ticked, lets it turn off if unticked.
i guess i can change that default setting in rom? lol

i know there were some issues with this thing i jus forget and there a lot of comments to read through haha ill get er fixed up though :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones