• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][MS870] Katana

I followed all the steps on the installation, and now my phone has the "LG Security" brick screen on it...whoa
Don't know how that could be. I flashed this myself and many others have also with no one experiencing this.

I bricked once before for not following my own instructions and going into mounts and storage and wiping system & data from there which caused me to brick.

This rom flashes just like the last rom or any other rom.

Hopefully the unbrick guide will save the day for you.

Upvote 0
GT my only nit pick is there are some instances where the black background makes it tough to read the black letters (I can go back and tell you where later on) but other than that this things looks and feels so great. I'm not really one for flashing (and keeping) custom Roms unless it's like a major upgrade (I.e. newer os/cm builds) but this my friend gotta hand it to ya is very nice work sir. I'm def gonna ride this Rom out for a lil while man... again thanks! ;)

Reactions: GameTheory
Upvote 0
GT my only nit pick is there are some instances where the black background makes it tough to read the black letters (I can go back and tell you where later on) but other than that this things looks and feels so great. I'm not really one for flashing (and keeping) custom Roms unless it's like a major upgrade (I.e. newer os/cm builds) but this my friend gotta hand it to ya is very nice work sir. I'm def gonna ride this Rom out for a lil while man... again thanks! ;)
Thanks bro.
I'll make those color adjustments in an update.

Reactions: jasonzech
Upvote 0
I followed all the steps on the installation, and now my phone has the "LG Security" brick screen on it...whoa

I was lazy and made no back up, only wiped half of what I was supposed to...wondered why the ROM had a long funky name, but I trusted GameTheory and flashed it.
So my question is did you use the right recovery in the right way? Did you try and do this from ROM Manager (I truly don't recommend using it even when phone is supported)...
I'm not trying to be harsh, you just need to retrace your steps and figure out the mistake because the ROM isn't the issue. Was the phone fully charged or close to it? What did recovery say during the installation?
We as a community need more information to help you.

Upvote 0
I was lazy and made no back up, only wiped half of what I was supposed to...wondered why the ROM had a long funky name, but I trusted GameTheory and flashed it.
So my question is did you use the right recovery in the right way? Did you try and do this from ROM Manager (I truly don't recommend using it even when phone is supported)...
I'm not trying to be harsh, you just need to retrace your steps and figure out the mistake because the ROM isn't the issue. Was the phone fully charged or close to it? What did recovery say during the installation?
We as a community need more information to help you.

I wiped system & data accidentally, and messed it up lol. I flashed it again, and the ROM is perfect. Thanks GameTheory!!!

Upvote 0
I'm getting way more battery life now. LoL

Usually I would get 17h with only 5% of battery life left.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1366434537642.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1366434537642.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 99
Upvote 0
Love the ROM GT! One day and still 47% battery left. Awesome!
That's pretty darn good! :thumbup:

I haven't got a chance to test my battery yet since I'm rebooting a bunch of times per day testing new stuff. Finally got to that orange theme I've been wanting. I think it will look great on black... Actually compiling now to flash it and see what it looks like. :D

Reactions: jasonzech
Upvote 0
Hey Game Theory. Great job on the ROM, rocking it right now. Do you mind if i posted it on my Google plus? Keep it up!

Thanks for the time invested in your work. The Spirit its a great phone and it seems that you are the one leading the way with your ROMs, just keep it going.

Wondering what will be next? CM10?
Thanks Bro. Much appreciated. :)

Sure, you can post anything I do for the spirit that your interested in on your google plus, you don't even have to ask. I don't mind at all... I actually like your G plus and visit from time to time. Nice job on it. ;)

Next I'll start rolling out themes.
I believe there's a couple people working on CM10. I guess we'll see what the future holds. lol

Upvote 0
Thanks Bro. Much appreciated. :)

Sure, you can post anything I do for the spirit that your interested in on your google plus, you don't even have to ask. I don't mind at all... I actually like your G plus and visit from time to time. Nice job on it. ;)

Next I'll start rolling out themes.
I believe there's a couple people working on CM10. I guess we'll see what the future holds. lol

I hope you don't mind GT. I copied and pasted your first message on unleashed prepaid.com on there new lg spirit forum. I should of asked first. Darn.. Sry. If not OK. Let me know and I'll remove it.

Upvote 0
I hope you don't mind GT. I copied and pasted your first message on unleashed prepaid.com on there new lg spirit forum. I should of asked first. Darn.. Sry. If not OK. Let me know and I'll remove it.
That's awesome! Thanks.
I was trying to do this with other rom, but they didn't cover the spirit at the time. Post that link, wanna check it out. :D

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Thanks

Yeah just saw that... He never asked, but I guess it's cool as long as there's a link to the rom thread. I guess I'll change the download link on the icy rom so they have to go to it's thread to get it.

Should I add a reply to the icy ROM on unleashed with a link typo that thread on here?

Edit: just noticed there is a link to your thread on android forums for icy.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones