• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][PORT] U9000-81 2.2.2 for the Triumph Updated:(12/16/12)

Is it a known issue that this rom won't deep sleep with wifi enabled? In both the latest version of this rom and the sharp rom wifi holds a wakelock.

Update...

Try 1:
I updated recovery and re-flashed. I let everything "settle" then installed better battery stats (the only app installed). When WIFI was enabled my phone never went to sleep.

Try 2:
Re-flashed again, but this time skipped the initial setup. Disabled the option of saving info to google servers. Set my router to assign a static IP address to my phone (after doing some research I found that this sometimes causes 'wifiservices' wakelocks). So far my phone sleeps normally with all of my usual apps installed.

I'm not 100% sure what the fix was, but I'm leaning towards setting the static IP address. It seems that some routers (netgears in particular) broadcast events to connected users which can cause held wakelocks on android phones. By setting a static IP the broadcast events stop.

I'm posting this in case anyone else is having these issues.

Reactions: redoscar3 and BSydz
Upvote 0
Unfortunately, the ADB network device still disappears from the windows device manager when I enable USB tethering with this ROM, as it has with all of the sharp ROMs. This makes USB tethering unworkable with them. The ADB network device remains available when using the CM roms, and tethering works.

Updated with CWM 5.0.2.7

edit: when debug mode is enabled under 'applications, development' then the ADB device remains while in tethering mode and tethering works... but why would tethering only work in debug mode?

Upvote 0
Hello, first I just have to thank BSydz for this awesome rom! I was using TGReloaded for a long time then I had to send my Triumph in for warranty replacement. My old phone had been getting real sluggish so I decided to try a new rom on the replacement phone. I picked this one and couldn't be happier. It's like a totally different phone. I do have 2 questions.

1) With my original Triumph with TG-Reloaded it showed under my devices in the Google play store as "Motorola Triumph". I applied the Triumph stock build prop update to my replacement phone with the U9000 rom and it shows up in the Play store as "Virgin Mobile Motorola MOTWX435KT" so I now have 2 Triumphs listed in the store when I really only have one. The new one doesn't have all the apps associated with it that the old one did, and I've even noticed that some apps that were compatible with my old Triumph are not listed as compatible with my replacement Triumph. For example the game Pitfall shows as being compatible with "Motorola Triumph" and not compatible with "Virgin Mobile Motorola MOTWX435KT". I had flashed the stock build.prop update so it wouldn't show up in the market as a U9000 phone, but what I really want is to have the same compatibility I had before and preferably only one listing in the Play store. Any suggestions?

2) My second question is simply if I don't plan on overclocking is there any reason to install the custom kernel? The phone seems perfect as is and I hate to take any chance on breaking anything. (Unless you are able to get the radio working--that would be awesome.)

Btw, the first time I flashed I was getting lots of random reboots. I hadn't done a factory reset because I figured it was already at factory settings. I reflashed a second time following the instructions and it has been rock solid since.

Thanks again for all you do and for all the help you give people.

Upvote 0
Hello, first I just have to thank BSydz for this awesome rom! I was using TGReloaded for a long time then I had to send my Triumph in for warranty replacement. My old phone had been getting real sluggish so I decided to try a new rom on the replacement phone. I picked this one and couldn't be happier. It's like a totally different phone. I do have 2 questions.

1) With my original Triumph with TG-Reloaded it showed under my devices in the Google play store as "Motorola Triumph". I applied the Triumph stock build prop update to my replacement phone with the U9000 rom and it shows up in the Play store as "Virgin Mobile Motorola MOTWX435KT" so I now have 2 Triumphs listed in the store when I really only have one. The new one doesn't have all the apps associated with it that the old one did, and I've even noticed that some apps that were compatible with my old Triumph are not listed as compatible with my replacement Triumph. For example the game Pitfall shows as being compatible with "Motorola Triumph" and not compatible with "Virgin Mobile Motorola MOTWX435KT". I had flashed the stock build.prop update so it wouldn't show up in the market as a U9000 phone, but what I really want is to have the same compatibility I had before and preferably only one listing in the Play store. Any suggestions?

2) My second question is simply if I don't plan on overclocking is there any reason to install the custom kernel? The phone seems perfect as is and I hate to take any chance on breaking anything. (Unless you are able to get the radio working--that would be awesome.)

Btw, the first time I flashed I was getting lots of random reboots. I hadn't done a factory reset because I figured it was already at factory settings. I reflashed a second time following the instructions and it has been rock solid since.

Thanks again for all you do and for all the help you give people.
Thanks, there are a some apps that will only work with GB, and that is what you are dealing with. I haven't worked on build.prop's in a while, I can look into making a CM7 prop for this ROM. Stock is MOTWX435KT. I guess if you want to get your hands dirty, you can take any of the build.props from the second post and compare them to the original to find the 2 lines that need to be changed and then swap those 2 lines with the lines from CM7. Just use any text editor to edit the build.prop.

The custom kernel is included in Ver3, so if you are on Ver3 then you have the kernel. If you have Ver2 then I would suggest flashing the kernel just for the touch screen divers. I have never had an issue flashing a kernel, it either boots or not, and you can always get back to recovery and flash another. I don't OC either but that is not all that was done to the kernel.

Hope this helps, if you have any more questions feel free to ask.
Hi,
Thanks for your contributions and hard work. I am on an earlier version of this ROM, and Skype is using only the rear camera, not the front one. Is this a known issue, or something to do with my own settings? Front camera seems to work fine in camera app.

Thanks.
Thank you, Skype does not support the front camera on froyo, there is a hacked version floating around the net, should be easy to find. Just search for "hacked skype froyo".

Upvote 0
Thanks, there are a some apps that will only work with GB, and that is what you are dealing with. I haven't worked on build.prop's in a while, I can look into making a CM7 prop for this ROM. Stock is MOTWX435KT. I guess if you want to get your hands dirty, you can take any of the build.props from the second post and compare them to the original to find the 2 lines that need to be changed and then swap those 2 lines with the lines from CM7. Just use any text editor to edit the build.prop.

Just to make sure I understand, would I take your "BSydz U9000-81 2.2 Ver2 Triumph Stock buildprop.zip" and edit the two lines in the build.prop file inside that .zip to match the ones from a Triumph GB build.prop file and then reflash the zip? I probably won't bother since from what I've been reading new devices stay in your Google play store account for 9 months after they go inactive so changing my build.prop wouldn't make the stock one go out of my Play store devices, and I don't really care if there are a few games I can't play becuase they need GB. It's totally worth it to have this awesome rom.

Upvote 0
Just to make sure I understand, would I take your "BSydz U9000-81 2.2 Ver2 Triumph Stock buildprop.zip" and edit the two lines in the build.prop file inside that .zip to match the ones from a Triumph GB build.prop file and then reflash the zip? I probably won't bother since from what I've been reading new devices stay in your Google play store account for 9 months after they go inactive so changing my build.prop wouldn't make the stock one go out of my Play store devices, and I don't really care if there are a few games I can't play becuase they need GB. It's totally worth it to have this awesome rom.
Yeah I just looked and that won't help, CM7 uses the same lines as Stock. I think it may have to do with the stuff below.

These are what are used to switch device info, or at least used to be:
ro.product.model=
ro.product.manufacturer=
ro.build.fingerprint=

I think Play seeing the phone as GB might have to do with these:
ro.build.id=
ro.build.version.release=

Dunno haven't spent a lot of time researching. Maybe somebody here will have an answer.

Reactions: sobra
Upvote 0
Hi guys,

I just recently moved from using CM7 and MIUI to try out this and the Sharp rom. While everything worked great for me (especially GPS), I'm unable to some of my other apps from the Market that I had working before. It keeps on giving me "Your device isn't compatible with this version" when I try to download it. These are games and are updated frequently, so I'm not sure if just trying to install it via .apk will work. Has anyone else ran into this problem? If so, what was done to fix it?

Upvote 0
I forgot to mention that I did see one other problem. When using the BSydz U9000-81 Ver2 Custom Kernel - try 3(08/04/2012), my phone will not boot. I've waited 5 minutes just in case. This happens after a clean install (wipe data,clear dcache, install rom, install kernel, reboot). Issue was reproduced 3 times. =/

Upvote 0
Just a quick question, how long is "awhile" that it takes to boot the first time? I moved to U9000 after using the 20121113 build of CM9, wipe data, wipe cache/dalvik cache, applied your Custom Kernel (with OC support), and now I'm sitting at the red M with the phone making no clear indication whether it's actually going to boot. Ideas?

Upvote 0
Just a quick question, how long is "awhile" that it takes to boot the first time? I moved to U9000 after using the 20121113 build of CM9, wipe data, wipe cache/dalvik cache, applied your Custom Kernel (with OC support), and now I'm sitting at the red M with the phone making no clear indication whether it's actually going to boot. Ideas?

Which recovery are you using? We have so many recoveries that that may be an issue but it sounds like maybe it is an issue with just not wiping before you install. Both of the froyo ROMs Sharp and U9000 are pretty solid so if there is an issue, it's more than likely an install issue. Which would be a missed step in the install or an issue with an older recovery. Try again with a factory reset and if the problem persists then report back with details. Include which recovery, which version and your install process. Sorry there is no specific answer but this has been around for a minute and if something is going wrong then it is probably something to do with the install process. If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

EDIT: also the newest rendition of the kernel is included with the latest release so there is no need to flash the kernel.

Upvote 0
I have been using this ROM for a couple of weeks now. While I love the speed of the GPS, I have been getting lots of quirkiness. This morning I attempted turn on the phone from a night of sleep and it was stuck in an endless boot-loop. I Flashed the thunder.prop and that got it out of the loop. But once it booted, about 15 of my apps were missing! Weird. This afternoon, the phone went to a blank screen and was inoperable. I had to take out the battery and reboot to get it to come back to life. I'm going to try Chairshots ROM as see how it works.

Upvote 0
I have been using this ROM for a couple of weeks now. While I love the speed of the GPS, I have been getting lots of quirkiness. This morning I attempted turn on the phone from a night of sleep and it was stuck in an endless boot-loop. I Flashed the thunder.prop and that got it out of the loop. But once it booted, about 15 of my apps were missing! Weird. This afternoon, the phone went to a blank screen and was inoperable. I had to take out the battery and reboot to get it to come back to life. I'm going to try Chairshots ROM as see how it works.

I thought I would follow up here with some more info. I switched over to the Sharp Rom and the same thing happened this morning when booting the phone up after being off overnight. I found a bunch of my apps missing on bootup. After investigating further, I discovered that the missing apps were only the ones that I moved to the SD card vith AppMgrIII. There wasn't a single app on the SD card when looking at it with the Settings>Manage Applications>On SD Card. Apps in internal memory were fine. I don't know what happen but I'm confident now that the ROM had nothing to do with it. Anybody got any ideas?

Reactions: BSydz
Upvote 0
The signal bar, how can i change it regular signal bar without showing the 3g/1g looks.

Well there is the signal icon(s), and there is the data icon(s). If you lost your data connection, like if you turn it off in CM7,9,10, then the icon would go away. The only problem with that is you don't have control over that on a ROM like this.

If you feel froggy you could make a "theme" of this ROM with a blank set of icons for the data icon.

Upvote 0
Your best bet, is to try those apps on the Stock ROM or the Sharp ROM. I haven't heard of the settings fc'ing, so dunno about that.
The signal bar, how can i change it regular signal bar without showing the 3g/1g looks.
You can use 7zip to extract framework-res.apk, look in /res/drawable? and replace the icons with what ever you want as long as the name is the same. It also has to be a proper format, but I can't recall right now what that is. You can always snatch them from another ROM zip or search for theming android, and you should find some info.
This is not a custom ROM built from source, so somethings can't be integrated.

More info can be found here http://androidforums.com/triumph-al...a-triumph-mtu-tether-settings-ideas-info.html

It says you will need to run a script, in the description, you will need either root explorer or a script app from the play store to run it.

BSydz-U9000-81-Froyo-Triumph-Ver3: (12/16/12)
Note: Only known bug is voicemail dials *86 by default, use fix below {Thanks to wsimon
}, this fix will be removed if you wipe data or factory reset, just reapply after first boot. Tethering requires the included script to be run before starting tether, it can be found in system/etc/init.d.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones