• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[ROM] Punisher 0.1 | BIG RELEASE | LG ALLY | VZC | SUPER FAST | STABLE | ANDROID 2.1 | THEMED

Status
Not open for further replies.
barnacle doesn't work~

Superuser asks for permission. I granted it, but barnacle claims I don't have root.
Hopped into the terminal and it said I had root...

Ideas?

Yeah Use this instead.
The new app GetIt Now Marketing helped with.

**Sorry I don't think he wants this out in the wild just yet. Just in roms. But thanks for tyring To Help.

Upvote 0
I actually like this better than velocity v0.4. Great work, Death.

My ally runs punisher, and my wifes is using V0.4, and personally I like punisher just slightly more. Both are great though. There is no significant difference in speed when you're using the phone. I have a few more issues than her in terms of stability, but again, nothing major. My mother has a stock ally, and there is simply zero comparison in terms of how much better these roms make the phone. I cant wait to see punisher .2.

Upvote 0
Just encountered my first major issue with Punisher 0.1 (well it could possibly be the phone now).

This ROM has pretty much worked flawlessly for me until this morning during work all the way up until now.

I can call anyone in my contacts list, and I can receive calls from anyone that calls me, BUT, they can't hear me and I can't hear them, until I use the speaker phone button.

My phone has worked perfectly all this time until now. Not sure what to do.
I booted up into Recovery mode, cleared cache, dalvik cache and all that, still no joy.

Could anyone help me out? Otherwise I'm going to need to flash back to the default ROM, and remove any and all traces of it being rooted, then take it in to the Verizon store and see what can be done.

Hopefully this was descriptive enough for you guys to possibly help me out.
Thanks for any help provided, it will be appreciated.

An odd problem to run in to...

Upvote 0
Update on my phone:

Followed death2all110's tutorial on flashing my phone back to stock, everything went perfectly with that.

Unfortunately, my phone is still messed up.
The only way I can hear anyone, or say anything and it have it heard on another phone, is if I use my speaker phone on the Ally. :(

Sucks. So I went ahead and wiped all data, and factory defaulted, will be getting ready to try and take it to a VZW store this evening and see what can be done.

Any suggestions on getting my phone to work normally again, before I take it in?

Upvote 0
Okay maybe I am missing something. I appreciate the the comments about speed. My phone doesn't store anything. I want it to store the to bloody micro card. THis is OLD. I am sick of three text messages coming through and NOT being able to get more.

The thing is with these custom ROMs is not necessarily the speed, but the feature that lets you run apps to sd. Check out post #2 in this thread.

Upvote 0
Ok here's what needs to be done for 0.2...
Apps:include a terminal setcpu and metamorph
Theme:you either need to fix the theme up so its not sloppy or get a different theme base. With the theme you used there is a white line on the notification bar and pulldown. They are ugly and drove me crazy. And on the lockscreen. When you move the slider the image that you don't see until you begin to slide doesn't really match up with the part you see. And the notification bar should have some shine to it I don't like the flat black its also ugly. And the icons just need to be stock the ones inclued look like they are in a basic terminal font, whch is ugly. Now it may look like I'm bashing your rom. Because I haven't said anything positive. I love this rom it is my favorite it has more compatibility than any other. Rom I've used. Just include some more apps and fix up the theme and it will go from a 9/10 to a 10/10

Upvote 0
Ok here's what needs to be done for 0.2...
Apps:include a terminal setcpu and metamorph
Theme:you either need to fix the theme up so its not sloppy or get a different theme base. With the theme you used there is a white line on the notification bar and pulldown. They are ugly and drove me crazy. And on the lockscreen. When you move the slider the image that you don't see until you begin to slide doesn't really match up with the part you see. And the notification bar should have some shine to it I don't like the flat black its also ugly. And the icons just need to be stock the ones inclued look like they are in a basic terminal font, whch is ugly. Now it may look like I'm bashing your rom. Because I haven't said anything positive. I love this rom it is my favorite it has more compatibility than any other. Rom I've used. Just include some more apps and fix up the theme and it will go from a 9/10 to a 10/10

Upvote 0
Apps2sd instructions:

For apps2sd you need to:
1. Back up your sdcard to your pc
2. Boot recovery
3. Format sd:ext and set swap size to 0 (unless you have a class 6 card. the card that came with the ally is class 4)
4. Wipe sd:ext (YOU MUST DO THIS EVEN THOUGH YOU JUST FORMATTED!)
5. Place files back on phone
6. Flash rom, if already flashed skip to 7
7. Boot into android
8. Start terminal emulator or adb shell
9. Type su and press enter
10. Run a2sd check
11. Run a2sd cachesd

phone should reboot and your apps should be on your sdcard

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

ATTENTION THOSE HAVING ISSUES WITH THE KERNEL LIKE KP AND FC EVEN AT 600MHZ:

I did some tweaking and here is the stock kernel:

WIPE CACHE AND DALVIK CACHE BEFORE FLASH. DO NOT WIPE DATA.

NON-OC-ADDON

THIS IS NOT OVERCLOCKABLE. ONLY FOR THE 5% WHO CAN'T EVEN RUN AN OC KERNEL AT 600MHZ!

I'm probably just an idiot but how do you do step 3? I don't see an option for FORMAT when I'm in recovery. I'm also confused on how to do step 4. Any help would be appreciated.

Upvote 0
Death, I must say that this is the best build. I know how everybody says task killers are not recommended but was not able to use any other roms but yours without. I dont use a task killer with yours and never have any problems. My quadrant scores are always above 500 oc at 729!!! Only question I have is why does nfl mobile not work. Never been able to get it to work on any custom rom. Only stock. Once again, thanks for All of your hardwork. Most of all thanks for helping me unbrick my phone.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones