• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ROM Recommendations: Perflock Disabled, 4G on, and Trickle Charge

toasty

Android Enthusiast
Jan 17, 2010
I'm looking to switch from a stock ROM to a custom, and I'm a little overwhelmed. I'm not really looking for anything that has a lot of UI bells and whistles, or that adds or deletes a lot of apps, because I'd probably do that on my own anyway. All I really care about, honestly, is having a ROM that keeps 4G, that has perflock disabled, and that will permit a trickle charge.

Any ROMS out there that anyone can recommend that has there features?

TIA

Perflock and trickle charging are done through a custom kernel. Few roms come with other than the stock kernel. Sense roms have everything working and some AOSP roms now have 4g working. The best advice would be to make a nandroid and check them out yourself. Personal preference plays a large part in what you do and don't like. You might like one rom where someone else doesn't. Check this thread: http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all-things-root/284413-roms-kernels-download-page.html

This is a list of the recommended roms and kernels from members here at AF.

Just remember, before making any changes to your phone, make a nandroid backup. It will allow to return to the point you were at when made if you don't like what you flash or if there is a problem.

Upvote 0
I'm looking to switch from a stock ROM to a custom, and I'm a little overwhelmed. I'm not really looking for anything that has a lot of UI bells and whistles, or that adds or deletes a lot of apps, because I'd probably do that on my own anyway. All I really care about, honestly, is having a ROM that keeps 4G, that has perflock disabled, and that will permit a trickle charge.

Any ROMS out there that anyone can recommend that has there features?

TIA

You can use any Sense-based ROM, along with an SBC kernal, and SetCPU to under/over-clock to accomplish what you are looking for.

King's and Koni's are two of my (and lot's of others here) favorite's, that will give you great performance.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones