• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] rubiX Focused 1.6

Thank you - I'll check it out. I've tried a few different battery mods over my RubiX 1.6 and sinful green theme and they haven't stuck. You're saying these will work if you have a theme too, or can you only have a ROM with no theme to get these to work? Will try some and post back here if I find any that work.

I have not tried these with fission or rubix yet but in the past I have used their stuff over roms with and without themes and its worked fine

Upvote 0
In Root Explorer, which is the battery .apk that I want to confirm exists before modding it with metamorph?

I'm not too sure the names of the files in root explorer as I usually just install my new one over my old one without messing with the files....did you rename it .bak or did you delete through root explorer?

Upvote 0
I usually just use metmorph myself.....why did you have to use root explorer to move the files

You don't - I was just trying to follow the instructions on the droidpirate site, where they tell you to make sure the file you are trying to mod is present in the system/app folder of your phone. When I realized that was all they were using root explorer for, I skipped that and just unzipped it through metamorph.

Upvote 0
You don't - I was just trying to follow the instructions on the droidpirate site, where they tell you to make sure the file you are trying to mod is present in the system/app folder of your phone. When I realized that was all they were using root explorer for, I skipped that and just unzipped it through metamorph.

I see ....I was just wondering to see if there was a step I was missing

Upvote 0
Has anyone figured out how or know if it is possible to use other GPS apps besides Google Maps with this ROM? I use Google Maps daily for work and like having VZ Nav and Navigon as backups in case there is a street Google Maps doesn't have yet. VZ Nav will keep telling me I don't have my GPS turned on and Navigon just keeps searching.....

You might try posting this at the xda dev forum where the original dl is posted. septhin helped me over there pretty quickly with my issues.

Reactions: DRLyman
Upvote 0
Anyone else getting horrible battery life with rubix? Phone has been off charger for 3 hours with mild use and is at 60%.

Same issue here, but then it stays at 60% for the next 6 hrs. Here is my battery progression today.

Unplug, 100%
Absolutely no use until needed to text 2hrs after unpluggin, 80%.
Been in meetings all day and no usuage, 60% after about 4hrs unplugged.
4hrs later still at 60%.

Don't know, but I don't really feel that the battery is worse, just the indicator is doing something weird.

Upvote 0
Is it normal that Need For Speed still shows up in my app drawer? I went into Root Explorer to see if there was anything I wanted to rename, and there weren't any of the apps on the "safe to remove" list for removing bloatware - ok, makes sense since this is blurless rom and has unnecessary apps removed. But Need For Speed is still in my app drawer, even though it's not in my system/app folder.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones