• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Sleipnir v2.4.0.5 - 10/24/13 - VM & SPRINT

Fantastic! Thank you for the reply. I'm actually not using an app that handles my CPU. I do have SetCPU purchased, is that good enough or is there a better CPU app that you recommend?

I have Titanium Backup, so maybe that's an issue, I'll be sure to follow that post and I'll update when I get through it.

Thanks for your support and all your hard work, this is good ROM and I like it, just gotta fix these little bugs, haha.

No problem! :)

I like No-Frills CPU Tuner the best, personally, but either it or SetCPU would work great. AnTuTu is another alternative. I no longer recommend "CPU Tuner" (the app itself) anymore due to the issues that would come up. Random Reboots are oftentimes caused by the phone being unstable because the maximum frequency of the CPU is too high for it to handle, or the minimum is too low. Feel free to use the handy recommended CPU settings already in the OP as a reference guide! :)

Upvote 0
Hi, I rooted my phone yesterday and flashed your ROM but I'm having issues with two things and I can't seem to find anyone else having had the same problems in the thread. First when I click on a link in a tweet (that came as SMS using twitters shortener) they say not found or not online neither of which is the case but I can live with this problem as I found a workaround. My 2nd problem is with images not loading in apps. I've tried wiping the dalvik and fixing permissions but neither seems to solve it. The only way I can fix it is re-flashing the ROM but within hours the same problem returns. any suggestions? otherwise I love the ROM and would like to keep using it if I can fix this one issue I can't live with. Thanks!

Upvote 0
First when I click on a link in a tweet (that came as SMS using twitters shortener) they say not found or not online neither of which is the case but I can live with this problem as I found a workaround.

this is a known issue... doesn't seem to effect a lot of people... you might also find if you use a browser to view twitter that the links in tweets won't work either. i had to delete my opera and reinstall it on top of a fresh install of the ROM in order to get the links to work. in order to get them to work from sms you have to go to manage apps and then choose stock browser and then scroll down to "clear defaults." if you use opera as a browser once you clear the defaults when you click on a link in sms it will ask which app you want to use as default to open links... choose opera... and then check the box that says always use this app... it should work going forward.

my guess is that it's the built in add blocker in sleipnir that's causing the problem but i have not been able to confirm.

Upvote 0
I just downloaded the sprint version, and everything worked EXCEPT the google play store. Every app I try to download says "can not download due to error"? Anyone else get this. I am using the version from the first page. And YES I am using the sprint version.

Should I try to reinstall the google apps through cwm? I want this rom because the stock rom they have the wifi doesn't work It just shows error.

Upvote 0
If I install this mod on my VM OE will I be able to USB tether?

I am in need of USB tethering to PC for internet use. The PC has no wifi or Bluetooth. I am saving up for new PC but need this one asap for school.

I am very new to this and only rooted my phone last week. Have yet to do the ROM thing been afraid of ruining my phone. That said, do you see a problem with me doing this mod? I'm no dummy but I am inexperienced.

edit: Installed MOD have new questions below. sorry for all the posts. This one could be deleted if and admin would like.

Upvote 0
I just downloaded the sprint version, and everything worked EXCEPT the google play store. Every app I try to download says "can not download due to error"? Anyone else get this. I am using the version from the first page. And YES I am using the sprint version.

Should I try to reinstall the google apps through cwm? I want this rom because the stock rom they have the wifi doesn't work It just shows error.

Dumb question but did you reboot after install? I noticed on this rom the play store won't work sometimes until after you reboot the phone again

Upvote 0
I just flashed this rom and so far so good.:D I started from the CWM install and went all the way to the ROM. It went really smooth.

Is there a way to USB tether this ROM? Is there a ROM I can USB tether?

Can I turn off camera shutter sounds?

I see answer to similar questions but none of the circumstances are exact and I am too new to know which ones do not need to be exact.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Got a chance to update the OP a bit, hopefully it helps make things a little clearer. Also, I moved the BlackIce theme to the Recommended section, and added a new section concerning Random Reboots. Hope that looks a bit better!

Just a quick question, were you planning an updating hydra anymore or is the current version pretty much final

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones