• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] SSJ4 Vegito Rom 1.0 official

thats what im trying to do, how to make a flashable zip of this

You don't.

You build the rom in a development environment on your computer. You can do it without ever touching a phone. The phone gets used for testing when you flash your completed rom to the phone and try it out.

You don't just install some apps on your phone, back it up, and then distribute the backup to people. Your backup is specific to your phone. No one should ever flash/restore a backup from another person's phone.

I guess we can all appreciate your enthusiasm to be a developer, but you're nowhere near ready to distribute something it would seem. You've jumped the gun a little I would say and clearly haven't actually done any research in to what it takes. Better go read the thread/link from my last reply.

Reactions: phw8558
Upvote 0
Don't give up! It doesn't matter whether you think its impossible just read up and keep asking questions. Like most have said in here start small and work your way up.

Figure out first how to build it on the computer and test it out on your phone. If you post a build let people know it may not work and they will let you know.

Keep working on it, you'll get it!

Upvote 0
sorry for wasting everyone time
no you didnt waste anyones time, you actually inspired me, i have been making custom roms for myself for awhile, ive actually been wanting to release my own, i can add scripts to the updater script, and i know somewhat how to use the kitchen, but i cant seem to find much info regarding sense modding (or themeing) . I would love to work on paranoid android, but with no open cm10 i dont think itll ever happen. it seems all the cm10 devs are fighting as best i can tell. except for jmz, he just said he was dippin today. if anyone knows of a decent cm9 or 10 base that can be used for P.A. lemme know.

(and a silly question, can paranoid be baked into a sense rom? Has anyone tried and failed? because i know it is made for cm9 & 10)

Upvote 0
no you didnt waste anyones time, you actually inspired me, i have been making custom roms for myself for awhile, ive actually been wanting to release my own, i can add scripts to the updater script, and i know somewhat how to use the kitchen, but i cant seem to find much info regarding sense modding (or themeing) . I would love to work on paranoid android, but with no open cm10 i dont think itll ever happen. it seems all the cm10 devs are fighting as best i can tell. except for jmz, he just said he was dippin today. if anyone knows of a decent cm9 or 10 base that can be used for P.A. lemme know.

(and a silly question, can paranoid be baked into a sense rom? Has anyone tried and failed? because i know it is made for cm9 & 10)

What do you mean open CM10? Did you ask me to use it for PA?

Upvote 0
I wanted this rom so bad
facepalm.gif

Upvote 0
Quit criticizing him. This is his first rom! :mad: :-\

it wasn't a custom rom! He's got a complete misunderstanding of the whole development process and what constitutes a custom rom.

I'm sure you've loaded a couple apps on your phone that didn't come with the stock rom or whatever rom you might have flashed. Does that mean you've created a custom rom for distribution or become a developer?

Upvote 0
What do you mean open CM10? Did you ask me to use it for PA?
i assumed that if you were dipping that yours would be the same as the other two cm10 devs that dipped. everybody is split across so many forums and sites it gets hard to keep track. i would love to use yours as a base but im not sure what to port it from. last time i did it was with the optimus v. i also have linux setup to build from source if thats whats needed, but i would need some tips on how to set up the build.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones