• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Stock76 - Stock77

I wish I had the time to list exactly what has been happening since I installed this ROM.

Let me say that only a few days ago I had my phone replaced and I've had crazy things happen now.

no longer the loss of 4g but buggy things like touch responsiveness or error of touch commands.

Now I get words that I didn't type, swype, or say.

In general I get errors and bugs that make me want to smash this phone.

LIKE THE CURSOR MOVING AS IF IT KNOWS I'M TRYING TO TYPE AND IT WANTS TO SCREW WITH ME BY MOVING. LEFT, RIGHT, IN THE MIDDLE... IT HAS NO QUALMS IN IT'S FORM OF TORTURE LOL
could be the keyboard. the 4.1 google keyboard has swype abilities..and what youre talking about happened to me on a different phone with swype when ever the battery started t oget really low, or if i overclocked it.
have you tried the other rom on your phone yet? not sure what could be causing this.

Upvote 0
if you want to update it, youll have to first install a different launcher, then uninstall and redownload holo.
pain really but idk what happened in the signing.

I just wanted to revisit. What's the easiest way to do this? Do you have a launcher to use on a temporary basis in mind? I just want to make sure I can preserve my home screen [and other screens] between the transfer to another launcher, updating Holo, and then transferring everything back?

EDIT: I have Holo Launcher HD Plus v1.08 installed. AND, Holo Launcher v2.0.2 [did I install this by mistake]? Does this match what everybody else has installed? Sorry, I'm getting myself all confused...

Upvote 0
Can I safely uninstall "Holo Launcher v2.0.2"?

You can delete a launcher, but make ABSOLUTELY sure that:

You have another launcher to take it's place, and that its set as default.

Simply put, don't delete the only launcher on the phone. I'm not sure if boneface included the stock 2D home launcher with the JBS ROM, but just to be safe, check. Check twice.

If your phone ends up with no launcher you will have a BIG problem if you press home key :D But even if so, you can still recover your backup.

Upvote 0
You can delete a launcher, but make ABSOLUTELY sure that:

You have another launcher to take it's place, and that its set as default.

Simply put, don't delete the only launcher on the phone. I'm not sure if boneface included the stock 2D home launcher with the JBS ROM, but just to be safe, check. Check twice.

If your phone ends up with no launcher you will have a BIG problem if you press home key :D But even if so, you can still recover your backup.

Do you have both "Launcher HD Plus v1.08" AND "Holo Launcher v2.0.2" installed? Or, is just my errors [somehow]?

Upvote 0
No, I mean after flashing - nothing else - did you have both installed? i.e. Were both of them included in the ROM?

OK gotcha. I don't remember what I had after flashing JBS. BUT, I just looked in the JBS ROM folder to see if it had 2 launchers included, and no it did not. It only has Holo launcher HD 1.0.8 :) It sounds like you added another launcher in there at some point or didn't wipe data before flashing it!

Upvote 0
Ya...no matter what I've tried, I just can't get more than 5mp out of the Google camera unless I decompile the app. I'll try later just been super busy lately.
For other people that want to use the hwcamera, just pace it in system/apps and set permissions then restart.
I use the hwcamera just for its hd feature

Upvote 0
Ya...no matter what I've tried, I just can't get more than 5mp out of the Google camera unless I decompile the app. I'll try later just been super busy lately.
For other people that want to use the hwcamera, just pace it in system/apps and set permissions then restart.
I use the hwcamera just for its hd feature

I thought the number of pixels was a hardware issue, ie; the number of pixels actually on the cmos sensor.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones