1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Root ROM suggestions

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by xgphacks123, Jul 5, 2010.

1. xgphacks123

xgphacks123 Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2010
    Hi all. I am currently trying to port over motoblur to the DInc, but i also want other suggestions for ROMs

Advertisement

2. seedman18

seedman18 New Member

Jun 22, 2010
    Sense UI to 2.2?

3. xgphacks123

Jul 5, 2010
    All elements (like widgets and apps) or just Rosie.apk and Rosie.odex?

4. crackers8199

crackers8199 Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    what is rosie anyway?

5. xgphacks123

Jul 5, 2010
    Rosie is the sense launcher. It does not include any sense apps, it is just strictlly tje home launcher

6. xgphacks123

Jul 5, 2010
    Anyway, I heard from a vzw rep the froyo is coming out for the droid series this month

7. BillytheKid

BillytheKid Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    sense is great except for that stupid launcher at the bottom...the + is useless as u can just long press the screen...the phone button is way too big...i wish there was a rom that was customizable like launcher pro, but still w/ a few of the good apps that sense has to offer

8. xgphacks123

Jul 5, 2010
    This is why i am running YetiROM. I perfer CM, but i dont think CM will be good for me until all bugs are worked out. Still they are both vanilla android, so they are both great ROMS

9. BillytheKid

Mar 12, 2010
    Yea I'm running the PMF 1.1 ...it's a good rom, I like it so far

10. jonbar87

jonbar87 Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2010
    Jager 1.7 with hydra .7 kernel. Amazing battery life! Yesterday I unplugged my phone at 6am, and by 9:00 pm (15 hours later), it was at 50%. Granted...I am using the 2150mah battery, but still I'm pretty happy!

[​IMG]

11. confluence

confluence Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2010
    i'd suggest a sense rom with expresso theme (no curvy lockscreen bar and no curvy phone bar) it's totally horizontal and i like that.

so far no one has made an expresso them for the incredible. here are a couple of pics of the phone bar and lockscreen bar that i found on google images.

[​IMG][​IMG]

12. xgphacks123

Jul 5, 2010
    My friend has the mytouch slide so, I may be able to rip expresso off there and work on it from there. I think expresso is kinda cool, and i will definately try to do something with expresso launcher. I think the overall ui is cheap, but that launcher/lockscreen is cool.

As for droid x blur port: I am still hard at work on it. I am trying to see what apks need to be deodexed, what needs to be hacked around, and what has to be themed or skinned. As of now, i have a general list of what system apk's work, and am compiling a WIP alpha ROm----hint hint- no droid x launcher for now, but i do have homescreen tips with the awesome android guy there, cool down mode so the phone doesnt overheat, car dock, and some others. if not droid x launcher, i will find another launcher. As for the other apks in motoblur, they will get ported eventually.

13. confluence

Mar 19, 2010
    yea, the default sense bar and lockscreen is outdated, imo... and looks like was created to match the shape of the sprint htc hero (all roundy-like). i think that expresso phone bar matches the shape of our phones really well. and the straight lockscreen bar, to me, just looks cleaner and more pro. i was actually hoping that htc would make these changes for their froyo version of sense.

14. confluence

Mar 19, 2010
  15. Asterdroid

Asterdroid Well-Known Member

Any issues with Bluetooth, MMS, or GPS? I am thinking about flashing this one so I can enable JIT.

16. BillytheKid

Mar 12, 2010

no issues w/ any of those...i am running jit and it is fast...quadrant = 704, linpack = 10.5

Asterdroid likes this.
  17. Asterdroid

Sounds like I've got some work to do :D

18. Asterdroid

Ok so I just flashed PMF 1.1 and when I rebooted I got an incorrect pin error, and a "Welcome to ADR6300" screen that says "Touch the android to begin." but the touch screen is unresponsive...

19. BillytheKid

Mar 12, 2010

Attached Files:

20. Asterdroid

I'm actually going blue with it if I can get the goddamn thing to work.......

I got an incorrect pin number error on first boot up too.

21. Asterdroid

I think I figured out the issue. I loaded too many .zips at once and something went wrong. I'll have to do the kernel/theme/JIT after the rom loads.

22. xgphacks123

Jul 5, 2010
    Im running cm6 and my linpack is 35 or better. Yeah, cm6 has its bugs, but its froyo. If anyone is still interested in my motoblur project, i have not abandoned it yet, but imo i think it would b better with froyo than with eclair.

Ps. I heard official froyo is coming out mid-july. I have heard a couple of different dates being thrown out there.

23. acezhi

acezhi Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2009
    Network Engineer
    Maine
    How about .32 Kernel