• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM]Unofficial Slim Bean 3.1 PrimoC CDMA (09/01/2013 - Virgin Mobile USA Only)

About a day in:
Brilliant ROM. So light and quick. It makes the One V actually usable, instead of being a bloaty, bloaty mess. I'm very happy with it.

I wish Google would release their Navigation app and Maps app as separate items on the play store. The navigation mode in Maps seems sluggish compared to the standalone Navigation program in the past.

Also, I would have included a stock email app and exchange services app. I found two that work, so it's not a big deal. I'll probably upload the files later. Having access to my company's exchange email server was an absolute must.

That all said: great ROM. It really goes to show that phone manufacturers should focus less on making horrendously bloated UIs and just focus on speed and functionality. The One V is a great piece of hardware that was dragged down by an oversized stock OS.

Upvote 0
the font used is one of Sony's fonts called Sony Sketch. I used it mainly to shore up overflow due to the lock screen being improperly formatted screen dimensions wise. The robot font causes the lock ring and any shortcuts added to run off bottom of screen once the weather is set for lock screen. Giant,ugly robot font pushes everything down screen to far. The Sony font keeps everything in place. And yeah the phone is a power house running this ROM versus everything available for the One V in my opinion. I've been running some graphic heavy games on it with this ROM without issues. Including game system emulators. Gamers should pick the no Google variant of the ROM. Maximum memory available, less data use and optimum processing power.

Upvote 0
I see what you mean re:fonts. I even tried changing them by replacing theirs in the system , only to have the phone become unbootable, forcing a reflash of the ROM.

If the font is the only issue, then I'm the one nit-picking, because it really is a great ROM otherwise. I'm very happy with it.

Thank you for your work.

Upvote 0
Small update to the Google Apps package. Updated to current play store,multi dpi. Link in original post. The multi dpi play store by slimroms is no longer up to date and has been deleted. The AIO add on has not been updated with current play store,so anyone using it until I can update and reupload it will notice play store reverted to the old version if they use it after using current google apps download. Will update the AIO shortly.

Reactions: godsdog69
Upvote 0
mobile data works fine. not sure what you did installing but i just updated this today and tested a private build of my own and this one in OP and i know everything works. but mysense is a nice choice also.
It's not the rom I'ts virgin mobile getting the 06-07-5920 error call virgin, I don't think so I don't understand broken english with a accent,will google for help,
Going back to the slimbean love it..
:smokingsomb:

Upvote 0
mobile data works fine. not sure what you did installing but i just updated this today and tested a private build of my own and this one in OP and i know everything works. but mysense is a nice choice also.
lol Mobile networking was not working due to the fact that the cover on the back was not on and acts as a antennae ,boy is my face red ...
:pound: I'll be looking out for you on xda cheer's..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones