• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM v3] 2.3.7 GingerXperia Revolution ROM for X8

Hi Gabe,

i am using ginerxperia v23 and i am loving it.. thanks a lot. i am facing an issue i am not able to multitasking , when i am running one application and try to open the other application the previously opened application closes, that is suppose i am running a audio player application and try to open other application then the audio player application closes, i am not able to run multiple application simultaneously, can u please let me know how can i correct this issue.

Thank you.

Hi,

Have you tried google music player or N7 player?
Both should be fine.

cheers :)
gabe

Upvote 0

Welcome to Gaby

After you install GX V3 no choice to download the software on external memory and we have to enter the settings and move the program to the external memory

When the process of stirring receive an error message "Failed to transfer the application" and then try another program to be stirring the memory

Is there a solution to this problem

Thanks Gaby

Upvote 0
Welcome to Gaby
After you install GX V3 no choice to download the software on external memory and we have to enter the settings and move the program to the external memory
When the process of stirring receive an error message "Failed to transfer the application" and then try another program to be stirring the memory
Is there a solution to this problem
Thanks Gaby

Hi,
I didn't really understand your question... but I am guessing.
I think what you are asking about is the <settings><manage application> and why you cannot move application to SD Card.

Some application cannot be moved and some can.
It depends on the developer's coding.
As a rule of thumb... if you see an app that requires Android 1.6+ chances are it cannot be moved to SD Card. If you see an app that requires Android 2.2+ chances are the app can be moved to SD Card. This is because App2SD function was developed with the release of Froyo 2.2+.

Hope that helps...

gabe

Upvote 0
Hi,
I didn't really understand your question... but I am guessing.
I think what you are asking about is the <settings><manage application> and why you cannot move application to SD Card.

Some application cannot be moved and some can.
It depends on the developer's coding.
As a rule of thumb... if you see an app that requires Android 1.6+ chances are it cannot be moved to SD Card. If you see an app that requires Android 2.2+ chances are the app can be moved to SD Card. This is because App2SD function was developed with the release of Froyo 2.2+.

Hope that helps...

gabe

Thanks Gaby
And I understand from your words prove that there are applications to external memory, and there can not be moved

and this room GX V3 is room Froyo 2.2 or room MINICM7 2.1.9

Knowing that all the programs you need me to enter the settings and I do it to move to external memory

And show me this message again The second time, and i can move to external memory

Upvote 0

Thanks Gaby
And I understand from your words prove that there are applications to external memory, and there can not be moved

and this room GX V3 is room Froyo 2.2 or room MINICM7 2.1.9

Knowing that all the programs you need me to enter the settings and I do it to move to external memory

And show me this message again The second time, and i can move to external memory

wher are you gabe plz answer about My question

Upvote 0
Hi Gabe,

i am using ginerxperia v23 and i am loving it.. thanks a lot. i am facing an issue i am not able to multitasking , when i am running one application and try to open the other application the previously opened application closes, that is suppose i am running a audio player application and try to open other application then the audio player application closes, i am not able to run multiple application simultaneously, can u please let me know how can i correct this issue.

Thank you.

If i have any app running, and i switch to another app, the previous app loses the activity in progress... simply put, multi-tasking is not there :eek:. i could notice, because the apps take a time to start over again when i return to them, though with the stock eclair, it was not so... i guess bharathkumar used music player as just an example... (gingerxperia v23)
should i use another rom? could you suggest one which utilises all the hardware capabilities of w8 (it is the same as x8, just name rebranded to walkman series), including bluetooth, gps+compass, 3g, camera+video etc....?

thanks for d guide... made it very simple for me... i rooted n flashed a custom rom for the first time...:)

Upvote 0
If i have any app running, and i switch to another app, the previous app loses the activity in progress... simply put, multi-tasking is not there :eek:. i could notice, because the apps take a time to start over again when i return to them, though with the stock eclair, it was not so... i guess bharathkumar used music player as just an example... (gingerxperia v23)
should i use another rom? could you suggest one which utilises all the hardware capabilities of w8 (it is the same as x8, just name rebranded to walkman series), including bluetooth, gps+compass, 3g, camera+video etc....?

thanks for d guide... made it very simple for me... i rooted n flashed a custom rom for the first time...:)

Hi,

Sorry to hear that your phone's custom rom did not work out.
You might want to try PrimeHD

gabe

Upvote 0
1) Make sure you have Rooted and xRecovery installed on your Xperia X8.
2) Make sure you have new baseband xxxxxxx15 - check <settings><About phone>
If you don't have baseband xxxx015 your phone will end up in a boot loop

>>>> my baseband is xxxx015 but my phone keeps on rebooting (BOOT LOOP) i installed gingerxperiav23 what should i do?

COULD YOU HELP ME PLEASE?

Upvote 0
1) Make sure you have Rooted and xRecovery installed on your Xperia X8.
2) Make sure you have new baseband xxxxxxx15 - check <settings><About phone>
If you don't have baseband xxxx015 your phone will end up in a boot loop

>>>> my baseband is xxxx015 but my phone keeps on rebooting (BOOT LOOP) i installed gingerxperiav23 what should i do?

COULD YOU HELP ME PLEASE?

Hi,

Download the generic baseband and use flashtool to flash the generic baseband.
You can refer to my guide about flashing baseband

gabe

Upvote 0
thank you for a stable custom rom gabeyong, i have successfully installed the gingerxperia revolution v3. have you checked out the CALENDAR? when i open mine it starts with ( sat fri thu wed tue mon sun ). its a reverse of the normal which is supposed to be (sun mon tue wed thu fri sat); pls help :eek:

problem solved, i just uninstalled the stock calendar and replaced it with a calendar app from google play, :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones