• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM v3] 2.3.7 GingerXperia Revolution ROM for X8

Hi,

When i receive a call or dial a call the screen goes blank and even in that stage i the calls are coming but i unable to receive those. the screen comes after 30 mins please help me ..

It happens with Xperia X8 2.3 strome..

Please help me... please...

seems like more and more people got this problem besides me and SEuser.. xD

maybe u should try floyo v0.25 android ver 2.2.9
very beautiful and most of ppls like it ^^

Upvote 0
Found that to fix the small problem with the WiFi on this Rom you only have to edit ONE file.
I got that it could not connect to any WiFi before just when I got this rom. Yes it could find and try to obtain IP address, but it would not connect. Now, just enabling the N function the rest works;)

Link: [MOD] Faster WIFI for X8 - N standard enabling - xda-developers

Follow it and WiFi will work on 2.3.3 :D

Upvote 0
Gabeyong I have a new problem. I think I tweaked the Cyanogenmod settings somewhere, but the past two weeks when I reboot the phone it gives an error.

process com.cyanogenmod.cmparts has stopped FORCE CLOSE.

Trying to troubleshoot. Is there no way to resolve except revert to my weekly xrecovery backup?
what happens to the apps i installed after the backup? Gone like windows backup/restore?

Upvote 0
Great work gabeyong & thanks a lot.

I installed Srom-2.3.3Gingerbread-v2(x8) into my x8, though it works great few issues noted

1) Unable to connect the phone from my system(PC) using USB (Message always I get (Please insert disc into drive I: )
I read a few comments & even erased my SD card from the setting but still not working.
2) Video Camera doesn't work, screen goes white & doesnt save anything even though the timer runs.
3) The screen goes dim on stat or unloack & bright randomly & dim again.

Will you be able assit/advice to sort out the above issues.

Others:
1) Wifi crashed first time, but after reboot its fine.
2) Some funcctions causes the handset to reboot.
Otherwise working great, I am happy using it.

Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0
seems like more and more people got this problem besides me and SEuser.. xD

I bought X8 a few days back and rooted it yesterday for Gingerbread. Now, I've the same issue of the screen dying blank till plugged in for charging after ending a phone call with Srom-2.3.3GingerbreadX8-V2, but I'll use it for a while and search if someone else found a solution. Meanwhile, the MIUI camera also doesn't record video as the screen whites out during record & gives out an empty file. However, Video Illusion from market works just fine. Thanks a bunch to all who got the 2.3.3 ROM for X8 & the support on XDA. Cheers!

Upvote 0
i too am facing the same problem of blank screen after ending an incoming call. thankfully not faced with outgoing calls. But accidentally found a workaround to wake the screen.
Just give a missed call to the phone and voila the screen wakes up. Fine wiht me until a more permanent solution is found. anyway the X8 is now running at it's full capacity. Much more then SE designed it for.
HTC Desire here I come.
:cool:

Upvote 0
Hi alllllllllllllllllllll,
I rajeev, 2 days back i installed the new Srom 2.3.3 Gingerbread in my Xperia X8, all things are alright but there in one problem i m facing a problem when i am downloading any thing from android market, the application is not finishing downloading and it is showing an error" process android.process.media" is encountered a problem and FORCE CLOSE and also music player also having same problem. PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZ give me the solution for this as soon as possible. Thanxxxxxxxxxx in advance

Rajeev

Upvote 0
Hi alllllllllllllllllllll,
I rajeev, 2 days back i installed the new Srom 2.3.3 Gingerbread in my Xperia X8, all things are alright but there in one problem i m facing a problem when i am downloading any thing from android market, the application is not finishing downloading and it is showing an error" process android.process.media" is encountered a problem and FORCE CLOSE and also music player also having same problem. PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZ give me the solution for this as soon as possible. Thanxxxxxxxxxx in advance

Rajeev

Hi,

try downloading android market apk and reinstall.

link here

cheers :)
gabe

Upvote 0
Yo,

I just installed this ROM about two days ago, and Its working brilliant aside from
the occassional reboots, but that was happening to me even before. One of the
main reasons I installed the ROM was to be able to move apps 2 SD.

However I don't seem to find Navigation,GoogleMaps,Latitude or any of these
sorts of programs is that just a neccessary risk of using the ROM or is there a
a way around that ?

If there isn't one, is there a way to move apps 2 sd in the original software of
the phone ?

Upvote 0
Yo,

I just installed this ROM about two days ago, and Its working brilliant aside from
the occassional reboots, but that was happening to me even before. One of the
main reasons I installed the ROM was to be able to move apps 2 SD.

However I don't seem to find Navigation,GoogleMaps,Latitude or any of these
sorts of programs is that just a neccessary risk of using the ROM or is there a
a way around that ?

If there isn't one, is there a way to move apps 2 sd in the original software of
the phone ?

Hi,

Maybe you should try this rom its called GingerDX v6.00

gabe

Upvote 0
Hi gabeyong,
i had rooted my x8 and installed xrevovery after your guidance
what i have to do next if i want to install 2.3.3 Gbread??
I was stuck on the "boot-loop" problems

i had refer all the info from x-da & this forum, but i still get confuse
how to use the "flashtool" ??

my baseband is 006, how to change it to 015 ??
pls help ~:(

Upvote 0
Hi gabeyong,
i had rooted my x8 and installed xrevovery after your guidance
what i have to do next if i want to install 2.3.3 Gbread??
I was stuck on the "boot-loop" problems

i had refer all the info from x-da & this forum, but i still get confuse
how to use the "flashtool" ??

my baseband is 006, how to change it to 015 ??
pls help ~:(

hi,

download flashtool & baseband 015
connect X8 using USB and use flashtool to update baseband to 015

gabe

Upvote 0
hi,

download flashtool & baseband 015
connect X8 using USB and use flashtool to update baseband to 015

gabe

HI gabe,
i've install the new rom successfully,
i was used the "pc companion" to update to "baseband 015"

and i facing the same prob with "SEuser"
my x8 turn off for few minutes after hang up a call,
my friend told me to flash it again n again to solve this problem,
is still working on it,
will update u later..

beside that, my camera cannot capture a video,
it appear blank white page when recording...
is there any solution??

thousand thks to u
:D

Upvote 0
HI gabe,
edited...
beside that, my camera cannot capture a video,
it appear blank white page when recording...
is there any solution??

thousand thks to u
:D

hi,

If you want camera and video recording to work you should try GingerDX ROM.

I don't think the rest of the custom ROMS have both Cam and Video recording working.

gabe

Upvote 0
Hi,

Now that you have got a rooted Xperia X8, installed xRecovey, JIT and Link2SD, Live Wallpapers and everything is working fine...

What's next? Playing games, using widgets and apps?

SONY Ericsson has officially stop developing Android OS for the Xpedia X8.
Eclair 2.1.1. is the last software update.

Wondered what it would be like to run Gingerbread 2.3.3 on your Xpedia X8?

I have been using a "ported" new ROM called Srom-2.3.3GingerbreadX8-V2 by stelios97 & zousoum96 @ XDA.

The Quadrant score for this ROM on my Xperia X8 hit the roof -> 1000+
Xpedia X8 running Android 2.1 - Quadrant Score = 440
Xpedia X8 running Android 2.1 with JIT - Quadrant Score = 550

This "Gingerbread" Android ROM 2.3.3 is stable.

Check out Stelios97 & Zousoum96's XDA Development Page:

[ROM] Srom-2.3.3GingerbreadX8-V2 by stelios97&zousoum96 <-- here

Download : Srom-2.3.3Gingerbread v2 (x8) <-- here

UNQUOTE

GIVE IT A TRY?

DISCLAIMER: Please use the info below at your own risk with no warranty of any kind.

Here is how you can try Gingerbread 2.3 safely and revert back to your stock Android Eclair 2.1.1 if you don't like the "Frankenstein" Android Gingerbread 2.3.3 ROM ;)

PREREQUISITES <-- IMPORTANT!!!
1) Make sure you have Rooted and xRecovery installed on your Xperia X8.
2) Make sure you have new baseband xxxxxxx15 - check <settings><About phone>
If you don't have baseband xxxx015 your phone will end up in a boot loop

If not... see the my post below:
[OLD SKOOL] Root, Install & Use xRecovery on Xperia X8 <-- here

METHOD:

A) BACKUP STOCK ANDROID ECLAIR 2.1

Step 1: Make a backup copy of your Android Eclair 2.1 using xRecovery
- check that your phone's SD Card has at least 650MB of free space
[SD card free space is to hold both your phone original backup ROM and the 2.3 ROM]
- shutdown your X8 and wait 5 seconds -> <reboot> your phone.
- when you see the words [Sony Ericsson] on the phone screen -> start pressing the back button on your phone multiple times and you will enter the xRecovery Menu.
- select <backup and restore><backup> from the menu

NOTE:
- This will create a backup file in your SD Card <SD/xRecovery/backup>
- After you have completed the backup using xRecovery, it will return to the menu screen.
- Now choose <reboot> - your X8 phone should restart

B) DOWNLOADING 2.3.3 ROM

Step 2: Go to the XDA Website and hit the download for the 2.3.3 ROM updated link
- <mount> your Xpedia X8 and copy this file <Srom-2.3.3Gingerbread-v2(x8).zip> into SD card
- <unmount> and shutdown your Xpedia X8

C) Custom install THE 2.3.3 ROM

Step 3: Installing the 2.3.3 ROM on your Xpedia X8
- <boot> Xpedia X8
- when you see the words [Sony Ericsson] on the phone screen -> start pressing the back button on your phone multiple times and you will enter the xRecovery Menu.
- perform <factory reset (full wipe)>
- scroll down and hit <install custom zip>
- select <Srom-2.3.3Gingerbread-v2(x8).zip> from your SD card & hit <yes>
- xRecovery will start to install the 2.3.3 ROM on your phone.
- when it is done, xRecovey will go back to the startup menu
- <click><reboot>

Now you can start using your phone :) - Isn't Gingerbread 2.3.3 great!!!

DON'T WANT TO USE THE 2.3.3 ROM ANYMORE?
Well it was fun visiting and touring the Gingerbread 2.3.3 ROM, now let's go back to Eclair 2.1.1

D) RESTORING THE Official Android Eclair 2.1.1 ROM

Step 4: Reinstalling your original Eclair 2.1.1 ROM
- <shutdown> wait 5 seconds <reboot> Xpedia X8
- scroll down and hit <backup/restore><restore>
- you should see two [folders] (your original 2.1 backup ROM & cm7-54 ROM)
- choose <2011-05-xx.xx.xx.xx.ROM><restore> [it should look something like 2011-05-06.21.01.23]
- xRecovery will start to install the original 2.1.1 ROM [the ROM you've backed up in Step 1] from your phone's SD Card.
- when it is done xRecovey will go back to the startup menu
- <click><reboot>

And you are back to where you have started - Xpedia X8 Android Eclair 2.1.1

If you have decided to keep and use the Gingerbread 2.3.3 ROM... like I did :)

DO send a big THANK YOU to the developers @ XDA for their hard work building this custom 2.3.3 Gingerbread ROM

You win some, you lose some... Let's hope you win more than you lose - Gordon Gekko

ADDENDUM:

UPDATES WARNING:
DO NOT update to the new BusyBox from Android Market after you have setup your Xperia X8 with the 2.3.3 ROM or you will BRICK your Xperia X8 phone.

If you have bricked your Xperia phone... follow this guide to recover to stock Eclair 2.1.1.A.0.6

[GUIDE] How to rescue our bricked phone by Graveir @ XDA <-- here

App Updates:
Optional = install to update apps... does not affect stability of the 2.3.3 ROM
Recommended = recommended install/update for stability of the 2.3.3 ROM

System v1.0.9 <-- here [Recommended]
Instructions: Download and install/upgrade using File Manager

LauncherPro v0.8.4.1 <-- here [Recommended]

Quadrant Advanced v1.1.6 <-- here [Optional]

Green Power Battery Saver v3.7 <-- here [Optional]
Instructions: Download and install using File Manager

Root Explorer v2.16 <--- here [Recommended]

Crash/Rebooting Issues:
a) Battery Drain Issues:
Charge battery to 100%... and then some :)
<Reboot> into <xRecovery>
go to <Advanced settings><clear battery stats>

Note: New Li-Ion battery do not have memory effect so do not need to drain flat [0%] before resetting battery stats. In fact it is more detrimental to use a phone until the battery is flat.
Li-Ion batteries have approx. 500 charge/discharge cycles - after 500 charge/discharge cycles your batt is dead no matter what you do.

A partial charge/discharge reduces stress and prolongs battery life. So it's much better to discharge and charge your phone intermittently to prolong battery life.

b) Rebooting after installing applications --> New Root Explorer v2.14.2
Root Explorer has been updated to <Root Explorer v2.14.2>
I have been using this version for awhile now - seems to work better.

Still I recommend to...
use <File Manager> when you are installing apps
go to <settings><manage applications> to uninstall apps

Also note... "older" apps may crash because it is not updated to support Gingerbread 2.3 - so if an app you are using crashes/causes phone to reboot - simply install another similar "newer" app.

c) Rebooting after moving apps to SD Card:
SD Cards should have only one partition [FAT32] and formatted with Xperia X8 [just to be safe :)]
If you use a third party app to partition and format - do NOT name the SD card partition.

For Link2SD/APPS2SD functions
go to <settings><CyanogenMod settings><Application> select <Allow application moving>
go to <settings><CyanogenMod settings><Application><Install location><automatic>

Now you can move apps you have installed previously to your SD card.
go to <Settings><Manage applications><Move to SD Card>

Note: there will be apps that require installation in phone's memory (i.e. cannot be move to SD Card or app crash/reboot after you have move it to SD card). Check the developer's apps details for more information (usually says app supports APPS2SD). This is a app programming inherent issue.

d) VideoPlayer usage causing reboot:
go to <SD Card> created directory <media> & in <media> folder create a <video> folder and put all your format compatible video files in there.

OR use... multi-format video players

MoboPlayer (supports multi-formats & free in Android Market) This app is stable and silky smooth when rendering of HD videos.

So far so good guys! I will keep updating this post until something better comes up.

Do or Do not... There is no Try - Yoda

Reference:

YouTube Video

:thinking::thinking::thinking:

Upvote 0
Hi....i just upgraded my X8 to gingerbread this afternoon...and i'm facing a very annoying and weird prob....when on a call the phone screen will be off....and it doesn't turn on even if the call is over and disconnected....the screen should switch on if u move the cel away from ur ear....but it won't....had to take the battery out and re-insert to rebooot....please help :'(....other than this glitch love the gingerbread!!!! :....guys pls help on how to solve this issue....

Upvote 0
Hi....i just upgraded my X8 to gingerbread this afternoon...and i'm facing a very annoying and weird prob....when on a call the phone screen will be off....and it doesn't turn on even if the call is over and disconnected....the screen should switch on if u move the cel away from ur ear....but it won't....had to take the battery out and re-insert to rebooot....please help :'(....other than this glitch love the gingerbread!!!! :....guys pls help on how to solve this issue....

Hi, You can try GingerDX v010.
It is more stable and problem free.

gabe

Upvote 0
hi gabeyong..
i'm having a problem where i can't execute my xRecovery..
i've done all the steps..but still can't execute..
juz 1 thing that diff from the video is when i tick for permission before paste in .bin
it said do not have permission 4 changes..
then i did after paste in bin..changes success..but still can't execute..
plz do need your advice..really want to xperience gingerbread...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones