• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Viper4G 1.0.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
2.0...2.0...2.0...I need it...where is it...got..to..have..it...must get rom...

you sound like this guy:
davechappelleastyronebi.jpg

Upvote 0
Posted after midnight -

-viperboy- at XDA said:
We made some changes to the system, thing f***** flies now. Will be getting changes to beta testers tomorrow likely.

However, we are having one hell of a time implementing the OTA system. Works for all the GSM devices but its giving us a problem so we really want to fix that before we release 2.0, as we think that's very important. The issue is that the guy who implemented it on our team (m0narx) is a very busy guy and is about to get married. So he has been understandably busy. Just a small update, we are doing what we can :)

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

In posts prior to that, he lamented that the previous talk of a final beta were misunderstood.

In posts subsequent to that, he mentioned that they might go public beta to alleviate the hold-up.

He also commented that he would add Google Now as an aroma installation option after the public beta was brought up.

MeanRom uses a publicly available ota replacement, they do not, they've rolled their own.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I saw that post, the nerve of him letting a little thing like real life get in the way of our update!:rolleyes:

All kidding aside while the OTA is a really cool feature I would be fine with manual updates if it got us our ROM sooner. Now that the Premier program is gone I will most likely be stuck with this phone for the full 18 months unless business is really good and something "shinier" comes out.

Here's wishing m0narx the best in his marriage!:D

Upvote 0
Newest firmware works fine with the old Viper4G.

Remember, never go backwards with radios here.

And the ota problem is fixed, Vinchenzop handled that one - issue somewhere in the build.prop evidently.

As is the HTC spyware, with prl and profile updates still working, if I read that correctly and I think that I have.

Upvote 0
here is the change log:

Viper4G 2.0.0

Based on Official 2.13.651.1 RUU

Deodexed, zipaligned, all apps mx0 compression

Venom Tweaks! - HUGE collection of customizable tweaks

Venom HUB! - Download Themes, read news, and send feedback directly from your phone

Venom OTA! - Recieve automatic ROM updates

Venom Package Installer - Starts during SetupWizard to install apps located on /sdcard

SuperSU v0.96 - credit to Chainfire

Persistent ADB enabled

Init.d support

Memory optimizations

Extended Quicksettings

Advanced Power Menu

CM statusbar brighntess Mod

Secure and Blacklist folders to Messages

All Market apps Updated to latest

Latest hosts file to remove ads

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones