• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][WIP]CM7 Port for Vortex VS660

Look back at some old logcat's I saw something that I didn't see before and I believe I figured out the rotation issue.
I just updated the OP(first post) with a new build.
New build name is CM7.2.0RC0-VS660-BobZhome-120211.zip
I added .0 after the 2
Let me know if I got it right!
Thanks!

Camera working now. Rotation not so much. But I pulled a new log to hel.

Spam Detection For Paste ID: ki1XL4us

Reactions: BobZhome
Upvote 0
I've come across a problem with the camera. If I try taking a picture at SVGA resolution, it hangs. After waiting and eventually going to the homescreen, I try going back to the camera app, but it fails to load. I tried saving the logs, I hope there isn't too much extra in the way.

camera hangs on svga - Pastebin.com: I reset camera settings to default, then took 2 shots successfully. Set resolution to SVGA, and it hung while taking the pic

camera fails after crash - Pastebin.com: Attempting to open the app after it had previously crashed. It's fine after a reboot

I'll check what happens with other resolutions now

edit: http://pastebin.com/Gy5y0v2n: Surprisingly, I was able to take a shot with every resolution but SVGA. I took the SVGA shot last, which caused it to hang. I messed around, trying to get it to recover. When I was finally prompted to Force Close or Wait, I closed it, and tried opening it again. It failed, saying Cannot connect to camera.

Upvote 0
I've come across a problem with the camera. If I try taking a picture at SVGA resolution, it hangs. After waiting and eventually going to the homescreen, I try going back to the camera app, but it fails to load. I tried saving the logs, I hope there isn't too much extra in the way.

camera hangs on svga - Pastebin.com: I reset camera settings to default, then took 2 shots successfully. Set resolution to SVGA, and it hung while taking the pic

camera fails after crash - Pastebin.com: Attempting to open the app after it had previously crashed. It's fine after a reboot

I'll check what happens with other resolutions now

edit: camera pic of each size - Pastebin.com: Surprisingly, I was able to take a shot with every resolution but SVGA. I took the SVGA shot last, which caused it to hang. I messed around, trying to get it to recover. When I was finally prompted to Force Close or Wait, I closed it, and tried opening it again. It failed, saying Cannot connect to camera.
I can confirm that there is a problem with SVGA...Thanks for the great feedback!

Upvote 0
It didn't fix the rotation issue, and I'm also having an issue with callers not being able to hear me now.

In fact I think it broke it more. Flashing getitnowmarketing's kernel doesn't fix it anymore :(. You should figure out why getitnowmarketing's kernel made the sensors work on your 11-9-11 build & get those parts from it.

Upvote 0
Another issue I have noticed is no audio during video recording. When I go to playback a recorded video I hear a high pitch whine in my headphones. Anyone else experienced that issue on Bob's CM7 without getitnowmarketing's kernel being flashed?

To fix that, delete camer_click.ogg and VideoRecord.ogg in /system/media/audio/ui

Upvote 0
Is there a way to get swype working on this?? I saw an earlier reply about swype being on the phone but not the sd card, could someone explain how to do that?

It worked fine for me.

i tried installing swype from my phone but it force closes and don't work, thanks

Are you installing a backup of what came with the phone or downloading the latest version? I just wonder if the original swype is compatible with this custom rom. But I'm also sure there are a ton of other possible reasons why you're getting the force closes, can't help much more except to say I didn't experience that.

Upvote 0
OKay new problem with netflix not working. Its choppy and laggy, I tried the fix from page 2 and it kept updating it to the current version. wouldn't let me log in or do anything until I updated to current version. I'll give the newer rom a try.

@BobZhome:
when you're developing do you use an activated phone (or test phone) for your testing or do you use the android sdk?

I'm curious if I should buy a phone to use for app making that isn't activated.

Upvote 0
My wife has the Vortex, I finally decided yesterday Ima see what this baby can really do after I hooked up my Bionic. CM7 is amazing to say the least ... but this morning she came to me and said she made 2 phone calls and the person on the other end could not hear her.

Now I see a couple threads up somebody already mentioned this, is there a fix for it yet? Ima have to get her back to "stock" after doing a nandroid backup so she can use her phone, I would love for her to be on CM7 though. So, any fixes? Thanks so much!

Edit: just clarified and tested the other person IS able to hear her, however its VERY quiet.

Upvote 0
My wife has the Vortex, I finally decided yesterday Ima see what this baby can really do after I hooked up my Bionic. CM7 is amazing to say the least ... but this morning she came to me and said she made 2 phone calls and the person on the other end could not hear her.

Now I see a couple threads up somebody already mentioned this, is there a fix for it yet? Ima have to get her back to "stock" after doing a nandroid backup so she can use her phone, I would love for her to be on CM7 though. So, any fixes? Thanks so much!

Edit: just clarified and tested the other person IS able to hear her, however its VERY quiet.

your best bet:
http://androidforums.com/vortex-all...-wip-cm7-port-vortex-vs660-3.html#post3550543

Upvote 0
Hello all,im fairly new at all ths, however I have a gtab an I rooted it with cm7 and runs very well and is stable. I downloaded all the files here from the first post of this thread and I cant boot into recovery mode with my lg vortex. I put the vs660 recovery.img and the gapps and cm7 on the root of the ext sdcard and and i held down the home key the down volume volume key and the power on key at the top all at the same time. This defaulted my phone to its original state. I have backed it up and I used gingerbreak 1.1 to root it so I know that's good to go. I even tried downloading rom manager from the market, ran that and the lg vortex isnt an option to pick from when you flash clockworkmod, i tried a nandroid backup with clearing everything deleating cache all that plus installing rom with it all at the same time and still it reverts back to the default state everytime. The files are still zipped on the ext sd card as well. I havent seen any tutorials to point me in the right direction so please any advise or direction would be well received, I need some guidence please.

Thanks all!

Upvote 0
Hello all,im fairly new at all ths, however I have a gtab an I rooted it with cm7 and runs very well and is stable. I downloaded all the files here from the first post of this thread and I cant boot into recovery mode with my lg vortex. I put the vs660 recovery.img and the gapps and cm7 on the root of the ext sdcard and and i held down the home key the down volume volume key and the power on key at the top all at the same time. This defaulted my phone to its original state. I have backed it up and I used gingerbreak 1.1 to root it so I know that's good to go. I even tried downloading rom manager from the market, ran that and the lg vortex isnt an option to pick from when you flash clockworkmod, i tried a nandroid backup with clearing everything deleating cache all that plus installing rom with it all at the same time and still it reverts back to the default state everytime. The files are still zipped on the ext sd card as well. I havent seen any tutorials to point me in the right direction so please any advise or direction would be well received, I need some guidence please.

Thanks all!
http://androidforums.com/getitnowmarketing/330813-all-one-recovery-thread.html

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones