• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][WIP] CyanogenMod 7 | Android 2.3.5 (Gingerbread) | Current Version: 09122011

has anyone had any problems moving appds to sd, i moved a bunch more and now when i reboot my phone the icons take forever to show up, they all look the the market app for a few minutes, then all of a sudden they will be ok. is this due to moving them to sd card? this newest update seems slower then the last one i was on that was the first to fix the video camera. that one used to handle 710 all day, now if i turn it up to that within a minute it reboots. this build for whatever reason does not seem as smooth as the other i duno why

Upvote 0
i cant set up the apns on 0521. Im using metro. first i tried to do it without metroff but when i created an apn i couldnt see it on the apns list. next i tried metroff and i had the same result. ive reflashed, downgraded to stock, etc.. what can i do?

Just install CM7, then Gapps, then Metroff (if your on metro pcs) and all should be good.. APN's do not show on this release but all works well.. MMS works fine though. And on a side note I actually recieved a MMS from an iphone finally.. :D

Reactions: robreys123
Upvote 0
im on 5142011 and i tried hers on 5212011 same problem then back to stock, no problem, went to 5142011 on hers also same problem. why would cm7 assign both phones the same mac address?

Having the same prob here. Both Phones have the Mac address 00:90:4c:14:43:19. So one will always boot the other off.

The original Mac Address is on the label behind your battery. I just dunno how to edit/change mine..:( Can't find an app that works for that.

Upvote 0
Having the same prob here. Both Phones have the Mac address 00:90:4c:14:43:19. So one will always boot the other off.

The original Mac Address is on the label behind your battery. I just dunno how to edit/change mine..:( Can't find an app that works for that.

My phone has the same mac address as yours. the current build is obviously using a spoof on the mac. I would like to find a way to use the real mac as that would solve the issue I have with having two ascends in the house as well. Not to mention I think it is illegal to mask an ip.

Upvote 0
My phone has the same mac address as yours. the current build is obviously using a spoof on the mac. I would like to find a way to use the real mac as that would solve the issue I have with having two ascends in the house as well. Not to mention I think it is illegal to mask an ip.

Not sure about the legality, but It'd be nice to know how to edit and revert back to original Mac.

I tried making Terminal SU, and setting the Mac:

ip link set eth0 address 40:4D:8E:6B:5D:CC

But it won't..:(

I even tried running one phone on the newest CM6, and the other on CM7. Sadly I discovered, the new build of CM6 Also sets your Mac Addr. to 00:90:4C:14:43:19.

Anyone know how to edit Mac Addresses? Or know of a program that does?

Upvote 0
has anyone had any problems moving appds to sd, i moved a bunch more and now when i reboot my phone the icons take forever to show up, they all look the the market app for a few minutes, then all of a sudden they will be ok. is this due to moving them to sd card? this newest update seems slower then the last one i was on that was the first to fix the video camera. that one used to handle 710 all day, now if i turn it up to that within a minute it reboots. this build for whatever reason does not seem as smooth as the other i duno why

sounds like your sdcard has a slow read speed, i recommend a class 4 or class 10 sdcard, and if your not on 0521 build, download sd booster from market and set speed to 2048.

no trying to sound mean or nothing but how can you say it illegal? flashing roms that didnt come with the phone might be illegal which its not but we still do it.... :) But did you format data and all when you flash roms, i for one have not had this issue with none of the seems like hundreds of phones i flash, but wifi mac addy had to be redone cause alot of peoples was having this issue with wifi not working at all, and now more people can connect than before, try resetting your router that normally works and find out how many devices your router is able to connect wireless devices, and if its not secure than you might have peoples leeching off of you and its affecting your connection as well, set up a wep, or a wap, than try again and see if problem be resolve.

Upvote 0
no trying to sound mean or nothing but how can you say it illegal? flashing roms that didnt come with the phone might be illegal which its not but we still do it.... :) But did you format data and all when you flash roms, i for one have not had this issue with none of the seems like hundreds of phones i flash, but wifi mac addy had to be redone cause alot of peoples was having this issue with wifi not working at all, and now more people can connect than before, try resetting your router that normally works and find out how many devices your router is able to connect wireless devices, and if its not secure than you might have peoples leeching off of you and its affecting your connection as well, set up a wep, or a wap, than try again and see if problem be resolve.

Pretty sure it isn't illegal to change a Mac, MAC is just a unique identifier. The bad side though, if you have 2 of the same, it confuses your router. You have signal A and Signal B both trying to come through together, and it's not possible. It's like having 2 trains trying to run through a tunnel on a single track, one is going off the rails. So one Cancels out the other. Sadly it doesn't matter if you reset your router, or if your router supports 2 or 20 connects at once, or if you have Wep, or WPA setup.

Unless you have 2 phones running CM6 or CM7 (both use the same 00:90:4C:14:43:19) though trying to connect at once, it really doesn't matter, but for households like mine, makes it a pain, cause whenever I jump on Wifi it boots, my wife off, or vice versa.

:(

Upvote 0
sounds like your sdcard has a slow read speed, i recommend a class 4 or class 10 sdcard, and if your not on 0521 build, download sd booster from market and set speed to 2048.

DAMM!! Nuttmeg, do you ever sleep??? LOL!!!

Upvote 0
DAMM!! Nuttmeg, do you ever sleep??? LOL!!!

hahahaha...mmmm kinda, lol:D

Pretty sure it isn't illegal to change a Mac, MAC is just a unique identifier. The bad side though, if you have 2 of the same, it confuses your router. You have signal A and Signal B both trying to come through together, and it's not possible. It's like having 2 trains trying to run through a tunnel on a single track, one is going off the rails. So one Cancels out the other. Sadly it doesn't matter if you reset your router, or if your router supports 2 or 20 connects at once, or if you have Wep, or WPA setup.

Unless you have 2 phones running CM6 or CM7 (both use the same 00:90:4C:14:43:19) though trying to connect at once, it really doesn't matter, but for households like mine, makes it a pain, cause whenever I jump on Wifi it boots, my wife off, or vice versa.

:(

thats sucks, when you connect and kick her off, im bout to test something....

Upvote 0
everytime i set my cpu max to 710 Mhz it crashes on me, what should i do to avoid that besides lowering it? does the VM heap size have anything to do with it? cuz i heard when you put it at 710 Mhz you have to let your phone shut off a few times before it actually get use to the phone and also what should i put the governors as? cuz i had it set on ondemand and it still move slow but it seem like performance works a shitload faster. is ther e any suggestions on how i should fix my settings?

Upvote 0
everytime i set my cpu max to 710 Mhz it crashes on me, what should i do to avoid that besides lowering it? does the VM heap size have anything to do with it? cuz i heard when you put it at 710 Mhz you have to let your phone shut off a few times before it actually get use to the phone and also what should i put the governors as? cuz i had it set on ondemand and it still move slow but it seem like performance works a shitload faster. is ther e any suggestions on how i should fix my settings?

no the vm heap is set to default 24m and it is recommended to lower cpu if you has reboot problems do to over clocking, also before dropping try the governor smart@$$ and see if it helps, but lowering to 691 you wouldnt recognize any speed different, but if its set to 710 and it want stop boot looping even after changing governors, drop to the next lower setting.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones