• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][WIP] CyanogenMod 7 | Android 2.3.5 (Gingerbread) | Current Version: 09122011

After installing build 0521, my computer cannot load the device drivers, I did not have a problem with 0514. I'm not even sure why the drivers need to load again???? Any input is greatly appreciated.
I get the driver errors also, but everything works fine. Just use your phones "USB connected" to connect and disconnect from the PC.

ok big problem...I stupidly installed DT's a2sd.zip and THEN partitioned my sd card 1024mb with 64mb swap and now i have NO files on my sd card which has now went from being a 4gb to a 2.64gb and my phone is stuck at the bootloader screen.

I know how to fix the bootloader issue but the biggest problem...

How do I get my 4gb back to a 4gb?
Re-format sd card

Reactions: mkakemon
Upvote 0
After installing build 0521, my computer cannot load the device drivers, I did not have a problem with 0514. I'm not even sure why the drivers need to load again???? Any input is greatly appreciated.

here is the drivers for anyone that need them: ASCEND USB DRIVERS.rar just uninstall and re install them, and your good to go.:)

Reactions: mkakemon
Upvote 0
Im experiencing issues with my Bluetooth and Wi-Fi not working.

Wi-Fi says scanning, then stops scans some more, then stops amd says error...followed by a force close. I am running the 0521 CM7 rom. I am on cricKet service.

Bluetooth doesnt turn on???
ive tried reflashing the rom, rebooting...any suggestions?

well if you followed the directions correctly word for word then everything should work properly, i've been running the new 0521 for about 24 hours now and so far lightning fast and everything works perfectly

Upvote 0
Has anyone else been having issues with icons refreshing slowly after exiting an application?

I can be on a call, viewing phandroid's app, tweeting, texting, what ever, when I exit out of the app the screen takes anywhere from 5 to 10 seconds before it repopulates with the icons.

I had this happening on the 0514 build and I am having it on the 0521 build. I am OC'd to 710 and using smarta$$ as my governor. I have tried slowing down the cpu to 652 and using a different governor and it has not made any difference.

Reactions: vinnyfox
Upvote 0
I'm flashed to the latest build of cm7. When I first installed it mms worked fine but now it is not working, pics will come in and i'll get the download button,the picture will not download. When I am sent a video, I never get a notification or an option to download

Not sure about the video part, but I know that there are issues with receiving pics from iphone's and some htc phones.. not sure the reason but it happens..

Upvote 0
Has anyone else been having issues with icons refreshing slowly after exiting an application?

I can be on a call, viewing phandroid's app, tweeting, texting, what ever, when I exit out of the app the screen takes anywhere from 5 to 10 seconds before it repopulates with the icons.

I had this happening on the 0514 build and I am having it on the 0521 build. I am OC'd to 710 and using smarta$$ as my governor. I have tried slowing down the cpu to 652 and using a different governor and it has not made any difference.

i have mine @ 710 govern on performance, & everything works fine for me. try that & see...

Upvote 0
Im experiencing issues with my Bluetooth and Wi-Fi not working.

Wi-Fi says scanning, then stops scans some more, then stops amd says error...followed by a force close. I am running the 0521 CM7 rom. I am on cricKet service.

Bluetooth doesnt turn on???
ive tried reflashing the rom, rebooting...any suggestions?
I didn't get the FC however, if this is your first time flashing this ROM, check you phones MAC address because it will be changed. And if your trying to connect to your home LAN and you use MAC filtering for security, you need to enter the new MAC addy in your router.
Settings>About Phone>Status

Don't have an answer for the bluetooth, since mine works.

Upvote 0
After upgrading to the 5/21 build, my camera no longer works. Is anyone else having the same issue?

"Camera error"

Cannot connect to camera.

give the phone a couple reboots and try again, but you might have had a bad flash, so after you reboot a few times and it doesnt work, i suggest flash again, but if you are trying to use qr scanner or some sort, than cm7 will not work with any scanners.

Reactions: Sharpshot
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones