• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][WIP] CyanogenMod 7 | Android 2.3.5 (Gingerbread) | Current Version: 09122011

yup mine is up and running adding my gmail account stuff right now,this rom looks sick im loving it lol :) :D

yep this is a good build... just wait until i finish with it...

lol I formatted my sdcard when I installed the ROM. I don't have it. I have the folder with my backups, but not the TB app. And I get an error if I try to install straight from market on my computer.

do a hard rest in settings, after that it should work.

Upvote 0
So it just sat at the boot screen for a bit with you guys? It didn't bump you back into CWM?

no...but i wipe everything twice, but it will take about 10 minutes for the phone to boot, kinda like icarus did, just be patient...but i also flash the kmod with cwm 3.0.2.4, and i notice the lazy ascend dont like 3.0.2.4, you can try it with that version CWM Recovery 3.0.2.4.rar

Reactions: Scur
Upvote 0
no...but i wipe everything twice, but it will take about 10 minutes for the phone to boot, kinda like icarus did, just be patient...but i also flash the kmod with cwm 3.0.2.4, and i notice the lazy ascend dont like 3.0.2.4, you can try it with that version CWM Recovery 3.0.2.4.rar

Cool, thnx. I might try it at some point when I get bored with PG's build. Which will probably be in about 3 days. I'm such a junkie...

EDIT: That's the version I was using. So you wipe everything 2x? Has it made a difference for you before?

Upvote 0
Cool, thnx. I might try it at some point when I get bored with PG's build. Which will probably be in about 3 days. I'm such a junkie...

EDIT: That's the version I was using. So you wipe everything 2x? Has it made a difference for you before?

naw, but i like to make for sure i start with a clean install, and i also format everything2x also, not the sdcard tho. but my ascend loves for me to put it to the test, well all my ascend does, lolz

Upvote 0
Hi Sorry...I don't have an Ascend, but am looking into helping a friend who is super frustrated with his stock software.

What are the current bugs of this ROM? Thanks in advance.

If you don't want to mess with it at all.. icarus is choice.. works out the box basically.. cm6 you have to fix rotation issues.. but its easy to fix.. cm7.. is my vote but you can't freak out if something doesnt work :D it is by far the best though.. and fastest.. whichever you do.. back it up first.. read the customization guide by toke.. don't skip any steps..

Upvote 0
If you don't want to mess with it at all.. icarus is choice.. works out the box basically.. cm6 you have to fix rotation issues.. but its easy to fix.. cm7.. is my vote but you can't freak out if something doesnt work :D it is by far the best though.. and fastest.. whichever you do.. back it up first.. read the customization guide by toke.. don't skip any steps..

Ya. I'm running cm7 on my hero and love it...so i'll probably go for that...I was just wondering if there were any known issues on the latest build(s). If there's nothing major, then i'll go for it. Do you know of anything that's not working or that's real buggy?

Upvote 0
reset your router and reboot your phone and try it again. btw, what carrier are you with?

Been done. It only does this with the 5/21 and newer PG builds. I have metro.[/QUOTE]

im with metro, but never had that issue, some have and a router reset/config was did and it work, but im on the 06242011 build of cm7, might want to give that one a try, link is in my siggy, cyan Kmod...

Upvote 0
Been done. It only does this with the 5/21 and newer PG builds. I have metro.

im with metro, but never had that issue, some have and a router reset/config was did and it work, but im on the 06242011 build of cm7, might want to give that one a try, link is in my siggy, cyan Kmod...[/QUOTE]

lol i was reading about it on my phone and just saw the mod on your link so i read up on it and ran back to my computer to install as soon as I saw he did something with the WIFI! I am about to flash it making a backup now... Stay tuned...

Upvote 0
lol i was reading about it on my phone and just saw the mod on your link so i read up on it and ran back to my computer to install as soon as I saw he did something with the WIFI! I am about to flash it making a backup now... Stay tuned...

now with this new build it will take about 10 minutes to fully boot, just be patient and don't pull the battery.:)

Upvote 0
lol i was reading about it on my phone and just saw the mod on your link so i read up on it and ran back to my computer to install as soon as I saw he did something with the WIFI! I am about to flash it making a backup now... Stay tuned...[/QUOTE]
ok so at the new 3D cyanogen bootscreen which made me smile lol. Just gonna wait my ten minutes for this thing to wake up...

Upvote 0
now with this new build it will take about 10 minutes to fully boot, just be patient and don't pull the battery.:)[/QUOTE

Quick question. Can you charge your phone while doing this? I'm a junkie too no need to worry about me doing the battery yank, but I've never tried to charge while doing a flash before. (dont worry I have plenty of juice) oh and it wants to play... :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones