• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][WIP] CyanogenMod 7 | Android 2.3.5 | Last Version: CM7-Triumph-09182011 (discontinued)

I wouldnt call it a daily, samurai. There is alot left to do. I follow this thread religiously and the ignorance of some people angers me. Asking for a fully functional build? People posting when it will be done? Stuff like that. PEOPLE, READ THE THREAD BEFORE POSTING. Man, in this kind of thread there should be a 3 day ban on people who post asking for something that was answered in even the post above it...but that they simply failed to read it. Not only do other sensors and things need to be improved in this, it still has yet to be optimized and speed tweaks and stuff like that have yet to be developed. Posting that you think its a good everyday rom will confuse the people who disregard reading important stuff, see a post about "everyday rom" and immediately start asking stupid questions that have already been answered.

I for one, am completely excited for when this reaches release candidate or final build level status. The breakneck pace Tickerguy is working at has me excited for a "sooner rather than later" eta.

Keep up the good work!

Reactions: bradhoschar
Upvote 0
i would say this is a big step and i am happy to use now and i am aware of the bugs present. but i am able to use it and test it at the same time so i am contributing. also the device seems to react a little better than the stock. my stock rom wouldn't let me text correctly this new rom allows to text better. every phone will have bugs that are different from each user. i have three friends who the same phone as i do and they have different bugs. one friend has probs with the front facing camera. another has one with 3g which disables the network. and the last one has probs with the sensors. so in theory all phones have different and similar bugs.

Upvote 0
i would say this is a big step and i am happy to use now and i am aware of the bugs present. but i am able to use it and test it at the same time so i am contributing. also the device seems to react a little better than the stock. my stock rom wouldn't let me text correctly this new rom allows to text better. every phone will have bugs that are different from each user. i have three friends who the same phone as i do and they have different bugs. one friend has probs with the front facing camera. another has one with 3g which disables the network. and the last one has probs with the sensors. so in theory all phones have different and similar bugs.

None of that has anything to do with the development of cm7 on this device. Furthermore, talking about every phone having its bugs is way off topic. Give props to tickerguy, let him know what doesnt work (for the millionth time), and careful with posting misleading info. That is all. This is indeed a big step...and thats all that needs to be said.

Upvote 0

I think you're a bit thick my friend.

Upvote 0
As far as I can tell for tethering, the reason barnacle doesn't work is because of an MTU mismatch problem: wifi has a MTU of typically 1500 and the 3G has a MTU of 1472. The kernel on the triumph would need to have CONFIG_NETFILTER_XT_TARGET_TCPMSS and CONFIG_IP_NF_MANGLE for barnacle to set up the table to clamp MTS to path MTU.

Here's the script that barnacle uses to enable tethering. Something is obviously getting mucked up though:

http:// code.google.com/p/android-wifi-tether/issues/attachmentText?id=1047&aid=10470029000&name=tether.edify&token=4f94e63f50fb1f1a8805f8d574cdce81

Upvote 0
BIG SHOUT OUT TO TICKERGUY!

I'm sorry for being MIA the last couple of weeks, guys. But it appears you guys are in great hands ;)

I'm hoping tickerguy can push his changes to Github as I'd like to see what else I might be able to help on. I think MMS is an issue that can be solved fairly easily.

Also, Koush finally noticed my CWM request for ROM Manager. He has an issue with it, but I hope the Triumph will FINALLY be added to ROM Manager.

Upvote 0

I'm sorry for being MIA the last couple of weeks, guys. But it appears you guys are in great hands ;)

I'm hoping tickerguy can push his changes to Github as I'd like to see what else I might be able to help on. I think MMS is an issue that can be solved fairly easily.

Also, Koush finally noticed my CWM request for ROM Manager. He has an issue with it, but I hope the Triumph will FINALLY be added to ROM Manager.

YES! You're finally back! I thought you were abducted by aliens, or that you fell into limbo! Hopefully I don't have to worry about that! :cool:

Upvote 0

Rom manager sucks?

Upvote 0
Rom manager sucks?

How do you come to that conclusion?

In any case, not from a developers POV. If I want to deploy my ROM, it's easier to direct users to ROM Manager, have them install CWM from RM and then proceed to check out my ROM. Also, when a new version is released, users will be notified of an update and can simply update.

Upvote 0
How do you come to that conclusion?

In any case, not from a developers POV. If I want to deploy my ROM, it's easier to direct users to ROM Manager, have them install CWM from RM and then proceed to check out my ROM. Also, when a new version is released, users will be notified of an update and can simply update.

It's just bad software, go into the optimus v forums and look at the complaints.

Upvote 0
Well since everything is merged I guess I'll post this here too.

This ROM works just fine for me. I get much better coverage than I did on the stock ROM, even a little better than on my Optimus V! Wireless Tether for Root Users works, but only loads Google pages (Google, YouTube, etc), Barnicle doesn't work at all. EasyTether works 100%. Everything else works fine, except of course the bugs you listed. My Quadrant score was 2063, almost as much as it was overclocked at 1.4GHz on the stock ROM (2112). Any plans to add overclocking?

Download and install this to get the latest market.

I do have a couple bugs I've found, though it could just be for me. I don't get haptic feedback when pressing a soft key, and they don't light up either.

I have been using this as my daily ROM, I hardly ever notice the bugs! If there's anything you don't want to or you don't have time to test, I'd be happy to do it for you :)

EDIT: I have fixed the soft keys not lighting up by going into settings, display, brightness and changing the brightness, but they stop working when I lock the screen.

EDIT 2: I ordered an HDMI cable online, I will test HDMI out as soon as I get it.

Reactions: SamuraiFox18
Upvote 0
It's just bad software, go into the optimus v forums and look at the complaints.

Not that I'm a fan of ROM Manager in any way (I wouldn't pay any money for it), but I don't think I would use the OV as a basis for how well RM works.

Most of the confusion came from users attempting to get Optimus One (or the variants) crap working on their OV. You would expect a phone/device of a particular line to work in the same way, but the OV was sort of a monkey wrench in the system. Koush is only one dude and he has to deal with a wide variety of phones and devices. Wires will get crossed.

EDIT:

@froyoshark: I'd like to add OC and ext4 support at some point.

Upvote 0
I know this is a little of topic but I wanted to throw a big shout out to tickerguy and isaac for everything they have done, I've been following this thread since post 1 and I just flashed the latest version and it rocks, I got a 2341 on quadrant. Needless to say this rocks, keep up the good work guys.

Upvote 0
I know this is a little of topic but I wanted to throw a big shout out to tickerguy and isaac for everything they have done, I've been following this thread since post 1 and I just flashed the latest version and it rocks, I got a 2341 on quadrant. Needless to say this rocks, keep up the good work guys.

You got 2341!?!??! That's more than I got on a custom Froyo ROM overclocked to 1.6GHz stable o_o

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones