• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][YACR] CM 7.1-Reppard

So maybe I just never noticed this on my other roms, but what's it mean when your data and signal icons are white vs when they're green?

EDIT: Also no luck with 3g here. I'm in a 4g coverage area and have tried prls 23-25

Green=connected to Google servers
White=not connected to google servers :D

edit: me too I dont think its coming here even though there is 4g :(

Upvote 0
Another thing to think about, when I first got the 3G I tried the evdo only route and was in the same boat you are; I could make calls, and send texts, but I couldn't send an email or receive calls or texts. If I selected cdma prl auto (or something along that line) I could get full access again. I now get the 3G most of the time around here (Dallas area). Have patience, I'm sure it'll get better for you.

so you mean when you're connected to 3G you could receive calls but when you were on auto prl????

Upvote 0
so you mean when you're connected to 3G you could receive calls but when you were on auto prl????

Based on your situation, past experiences, and what I've seen on the forum this is what you can do to get 3g to stick.
1.edit build.prop as stated by someone earlier in this thread and leave on auto prl
2. Wait patiently until the network improves in your area especially if it just arrived.
.3wait for new prls which may give you better connections.
That's all I've got ;)

Upvote 0
Another thing to think about, when I first got the 3G I tried the evdo only route and was in the same boat you are; I could make calls, and send texts, but I couldn't send an email or receive calls or texts. If I selected cdma prl auto (or something along that line) I could get full access again. I now get the 3G most of the time around here (Dallas area). Have patience, I'm sure it'll get better for you.

Yea I see now, I could receive calls while on 3G while using auto prl....this confuses me on why I can't recieve calls if I was on EvDo only, I dont want to use auto prl because that kills my battery........

Based on your situation, past experiences, and what I've seen on the forum this is what you can do to get 3g to stick.
1.edit build.prop as stated by someone earlier in this thread and leave on auto prl
2. Wait patiently until the network improves in your area especially if it just arrived.
.3wait for new prls which may give you better connections.
That's all I've got ;)

I have 3G and it does stick, just doesn't work properly with this ROM :(

try editing the build properties. copy build.prop to your SD card and using any text editor change the ro. ril. hsxpa= to 2 or 1. then reduce the gprs class to 10. Paste the new properties over the old and then reboot.

Edit: If the values already match it may be your service area. My 3g worked well when I was using this rom :)

Only thing to change was ro. ril. hsxpa= from 1 to 2
gprs class was already 10
made no difference

Upvote 0
Ok, so I have 3 OM's. All are identical, running 2.2.2 originally. All went through the exact same downgrade/root/ROM procedure, and all are running this ROM.

Two of the three phones are working spectacularly. The other phone thinks its on Verizon's network and absolutely will not make or receive a phone call/pic message. It will do standard text messages.

I've put this ROM on three times now and it just will not take. PRL is correct, and up to date. (3019. Flint, Michigan sucks the big one for mobile networks.) But the damn phone continues to think its on TravelTalk.

Calling *288 gets me to Verizon activation. Putting the phone on "Home only" network choice yields "Searching for service". It works with text on any other option.

Can someone help me?

Upvote 0
Ok, so I have 3 OM's. All are identical, running 2.2.2 originally. All went through the exact same downgrade/root/ROM procedure, and all are running this ROM.

Two of the three phones are working spectacularly. The other phone thinks its on Verizon's network and absolutely will not make or receive a phone call/pic message. It will do standard text messages.

I've put this ROM on three times now and it just will not take. PRL is correct, and up to date. (3019. Flint, Michigan sucks the big one for mobile networks.) But the damn phone continues to think its on TravelTalk.

Calling *288 gets me to Verizon activation. Putting the phone on "Home only" network choice yields "Searching for service". It works with text on any other option.

Can someone help me?
http://androidforums.com/optimus-m-...-restore-service-if-youve-lost-your-meid.html

Upvote 0
Update your prl also. If your getting the verizon recording some part of your service programming is messed up....

PRL is as updated as my MetroPCS network allows. Everyone around me is on PRL 3019. Even non Optimus users.

I'm not sure how network settings got messed up. I did not change anything, other than downgrading and then root/ROM. The same process worked on two other Optimus M's purchased at the same time. They work flawlessly.

Upvote 0
anyone wondering about battery life? it is great.. although i am using an app called screebl pro (was free on amazon market one day) it helps with puttin phone to sleep and turning off screen when not using faster than normal. heres a screenshot

screenshot-1321665944716.png

almost 19 hours and still at 43% battery

Upvote 0
Ok, so the optimus m I installed this rom on had 3g before rooting and after rooting. Then he called and did that tower update (I'm sure someone knows what i mean) and he only gets 1x now..... any ideas?

Ya metro hasn't updated the option. If you ask a metro employee they will tell u don't do the update through the call. If u want to update your prl you can use lgnpst or cdma workshop to flash it manually

Reactions: shroomster
Upvote 0
I have a few issues with this ROM, but I have no clue whether or not they are bourne from this ROM, or just phone issues. I will say that I wish there was another way of identifying the phones, other than the Android build number. I get tired of saying "The 2.2 phone", which identifies the FIRST of three Optimus M's I purchased...

Anyway, the FIRST (2.2 Android) Optimus M I purchased was NOT the phone having the problems earlier in this thread. But it sure is having problems now. Reppard originally came out with a CM7.0 BETA ROM that had my phone giving me MMS messages 4 hours EARLIER than they really had been sent. So if I got an MMS at 4pm, my phone would move the MMS message to noon and transfer the MMS message accordingly in the message thread. So, I would get "blank" MMS messages from people that took me WEEKS to figure out. I was not happy, but once I figured it out it was tolerable. Had to hunt for MMS, but I still received them. Just had to scroll 4 hours earlier than it was and look for a picture I had never seen before. Kinda stupid, and I'm not sure why it happened, but no big deal. I can overlook the small shit.

I recently flashed this ROM from Jonedy's CM7.0 BETA. I did it when I purchased two phones for employees. Both were purchased under the assumption that they were still running 2.2. When I got the phones activated, it appeared that the MetroPCS guy had upgraded the phones to "their" {being the Flint, Michigan area} latest update. This put both the phones at 2.2.2. No big deal. I've been lurking here for a while, and had enough knowledge to downgrade. So I did because at the time, the 2.2.2 update was not rootable. I had intended on putting Reppard's CM7.0Beta ROM and Jonedy's 2.2.1 recovery on both phones, and making them like what I know. But after doing some more research, I saw that Reppard had upgraded his ROM. Being a known ROM maker and someone I held in high regard as helping me mod my OM, I went with his ROM.

Now, ALL phones are indentical. All are rooted, have Jonedy's recovery, NO A2SD partition!, and Reppards CM7.1 ROM. All are backed up with Titanium Pro, Nandroid, and complete SD Card image. I can literally brick these phones and get them back to functioning in minutes...

But, the issue I'm having is an odd one. I was specific in describing the phones: A) Because I have 3 of the Optimus M's and one is different, B) Because its specific to ONE phone, and C) its a recurring problem.

I just got a "blank" MMS from my sister. She has an LG Banter Touch, but its not specific to her phone alone. ALL MMS messages on this phone are coming "4 Hours Late". Meaning, I recieve the MMS at 8PM, the phone thinks I get the MMS at 4PM, instead of 8PM. As a result, it moves the MMS to the correct timestamp within the message thread. So I literally have to scrolll hours ago to see this "new" MMS. Kind of a pain. Tolerable, because its what I know, but definitely a pain in the ass.

Now, for what I consider the worse issue. The hardbutons (Menu, Back, Home, and Search.) consistently light up. I never noticed this on Reppards original ROM, however the phone was new to me and I was trying to condition the battery. So I didn't really use the phone like I do now. I used it enough to notice the MMS issue, buit not anything else. Today, I had the phone sitting out of my pocket and noticed the hardbuttons consistently light up and shut off about every 3 minutes. Thats to say, they would light up for minutes on end, and then shut of for seconds. Then it would redo the cycle.

I got to thinking about it... Maybe this is why I get 3, 3-1/2 hours of a battery charge out of my phone now?! Seems to have changed when I upgraded, and it makes perfect sense. 80% of the day, my phone is in my pocket, unused. However, I have to charge it two, three, times a day! Neither of my "newer" OM's have this problem.

Should also mention that one of the phones are OC'd to 768Mhz. Original Optimus M runs best at 768Mhz, while both new Optimus M's run best at stock 600Mhz. As such, new Optimuses are at 600Mhz max.

Obviously the phone is no longer within warranty. What I'm wondering, would it be worth it to put the troubled phone back to stock, upgrade to 2.2.2, downgrade to 2.2.1, and go from there? Or did I just happen to get one of those "Fabled" rebooting Optimus M's? If the latter is the case, I can totally switch to the non-rebooting Optimus M's. I mean after all, I pay all three bills lol. What on earth would cause a 4 hour delay between MMS? Even though I can verify that the send/receive time is literally only seconds?! I haven't installed a seperate SMS/MMS app like "Handcent" or the likes.

Absolutely sorry for such a wall of text. But I just wanted to be clear and concise. Many thanks for taking the time to help me figure this garbage out.

Upvote 0
try upgrading to 2.2.2 then downgrading it. i had the same issue as you. Friend sent his message at 8 i got it in 7 hours. It really bothered me.

I get the SMS message almost immediately, but my phone thinks I received the SMS message 4 hours earlier than went it was sent, and when I received it.

Ill give it a shot. Sure can't hurt.

Upvote 0
I get the SMS message almost immediately, but my phone thinks I received the SMS message 4 hours earlier than went it was sent, and when I received it.

Ill give it a shot. Sure can't hurt.

Gingerbread ghostly sms app helped me for like 5 minutes to make sure I at least got the text. But after a while I never received any message, even after uninstalling it I never got it. Which led me to brick my phone on purpose to put all the service back on it. Its only good if you wanna make sure you got the message. But for right now I seem to have no problems.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones