• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][YACR] CM 7.1-Reppard

i think somedood and i are leaning to the other side of the spectrum =)
:D and you said RM and CWM was playin' with fire...

I definitely want to undervolt too if it's at all possible. I was reading into awhile ago and I thought we didn't have the right hardware to make it happen. I hope I was wrong, I know nothing about kernels on android really

Speaking of thinking the hardware wasn't there WTF is up with the FM Radio app? I thought the optimus phones lacked the hardware, is this just a tease or is this actually working for people? i tried it didnt do jack for me... :p

Upvote 0

I definitely want to undervolt too if it's at all possible. I was reading into awhile ago and I thought we didn't have the right hardware to make it happen. I hope I was wrong, I know nothing about kernels on android really

Speaking of thinking the hardware wasn't there WTF is up with the FM Radio app? I thought the optimus phones lacked the hardware, is this just a tease or is this actually working for people? i tried it didnt do jack for me... :p

Yea I tried it too, it didn't work. I seen it and got happy as hell. -_-

(FM radio)

Upvote 0

thats a no go, the app says you can hook up bluetooth as an antenna. I have it built out on the current version im working on. haha, tried to build it out before but i didnt make clean well enough and it kept building anyway. as for volting.. wouldnt you jsut want to push +.25 volts for another jump in speed =) works on my PC, why not on a phone !

Upvote 0
thats a no go, the app says you can hook up bluetooth as an antenna. I have it built out on the current version im working on. haha, tried to build it out before but i didnt make clean well enough and it kept building anyway. as for volting.. wouldnt you jsut want to push +.25 volts for another jump in speed =) works on my PC, why not on a phone !
Yeah I think a quarter volt bump would make crappy phones like mine run stable at a higher clock, who knows maybe some of the lucky 806 crowd might hit the next mark...:eek:

Upvote 0
Flashed CM7.1 late last night - Wow, very nice. Am extremely pleased - as everyone is saying, it is very very smooth. And best yet - no reboots thus far :D:). Much thanks to Reppard

[FONT="Georgia"]Flashed ROM; Dark Tremors; AnyROM Kernel; MMSFixGingerbread, then used A2sdGui and loving it....[/FONT]:D:cool:

There ya go!

Reactions: DaniellieeE
Upvote 0
There ya go!

Seriously tho lol - chicken me did it - with the help and encouragement of everyone posting their results. When you guys get on a roll "forgit bout it" it's like a whirlwind up in here - post left and right ~ threads left and right... - and we at home feeling like "I want that too":D lol - well at least that's how I feel while reading these post - TIA :)

Upvote 0
Seriously tho lol - chicken me did it - with the help and encouragement of everyone posting their results. When you guys get on a roll "forgit bout it" it's like a whirlwind up in here - post left and right ~ threads left and right... - and we at home feeling like "I want that too":D lol - well at least that's how I feel while reading these post - TIA :)
LOL. I don't know what you could possibly do to actually brick one of these, short of overvolting and frying shit or running a bad nv write command, short of that I don't think there are any true bricks out there.

There isn't much to be chicken about now, I have finished where others left off in the de-brick and restore service threads, and I'm now convinced I can de-brick anything. Now accepting challenges. :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones