• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][YACR] CM 7.1-Reppard

yo.. not sure which recovery ur using aflick.. but if you make a backup of your sd-ext and your data patition b4 flashing this.. you can restore them and put ur phone exactly where you were b4.. no setting everything up.. but do it last.. after you flash everything else.. and after moving dalvik to sd if you do that.. it will take some time to boot up.. but all will be good.. all updates will be there.. everything should run fine.. i only had 2 apps thati had to re-install when i did this.. its basically like updating and keeping all ur settings and shit...

How are you (or anyone?) making a backup of your sd-ext? Through Recovery menu or with a card reader? Asking because have been trying for several days - allows me to do a Nand backup and/or +Android secure, but get an error when I try to backup sd-ext. Read using a card reader may help, but I don't have a card reader and really need to backup sd-ext also. TIA :)

Upvote 0
How are you (or anyone?) making a backup of your sd-ext? Through Recovery menu or with a card reader? Asking because have been trying for several days - allows me to do a Nand backup and/or +Android secure, but get an error when I try to backup sd-ext. Read using a card reader may help, but I don't have a card reader and really need to backup sd-ext also. TIA :)

Are you using the GNM recovery? If not it will not work. Joneidy's doesn't support sd-ext as far as I know.

Upvote 0
Are you using the GNM recovery? If not it will not work. Joneidy's doesn't support sd-ext as far as I know.

Yes - using GNM recovery. Could it be possibly cus I'm using dtapps2sd original and not the beta04? TIA :)

ps: also ran a2sd check and seems fine - just does not backup Sd-ext and receive error "android-mobile.sh". Also I was receiving this error before I flashed Reppard's CM7 ROM so it has to be something with the sd-card or so

Upvote 0
Yes, please - that would be great - maybe I could flash before I go to sleep :D

@ Reppard: also your paypal link doesn't seem to be working

The newest kernel is included in the newest update of this rom so if you are running that then there is no need to flash the kernel. I will update the kernel thread in the next few days when I have time. Currently working on some computers for people at work. And that blasted paypal has screwed me! For some reason my account has limited access and my new address most be confirmed by mail which will take 5 to 7 business days. But thank you very much for your consideration =)

Upvote 0

yeah you need to use the GNM recovery and when you hit the nand backup it should bring you to a screen which lets you choose which partitions to make a backup of.. make sure you check the ext partition.. should work flawlessly with GNM

Reactions: DaniellieeE
Upvote 0
The newest kernel is included in the newest update of this rom so if you are running that then there is no need to flash the kernel. I will update the kernel thread in the next few days when I have time. Currently working on some computers for people at work. And that blasted paypal has screwed me! For some reason my account has limited access and my new address most be confirmed by mail which will take 5 to 7 business days. But thank you very much for your consideration =)

NP - Thanks for all your hard work:)

Upvote 0
yeah you need to use the GNM recovery and when you hit the nand backup it should bring you to a screen which lets you choose which partitions to make a backup of.. make sure you check the ext partition.. should work flawlessly with GNM

Thanks for reply - I'm using GNM's recovery. Am able to do nand, nand+android secure backups, but half-way through sd-ext backup receive error "android-mobile.sh via adb!" (I have enough room on sd-card). Haven't updated to recent ROM version cus would like to have ease with my setting up. May get a card reader and try. Also what version of Dark Tremors are you using? I have original version but am thinking of flashing latest" dtapps...04beta" version to see if that'll help. Thanks again :)

Upvote 0
Thanks for reply - I'm using GNM's recovery. Am able to do nand, nand+android secure backups, but half-way through sd-ext backup receive error "android-mobile.sh via adb!" ([FONT="Georgia"]I have enough room on sd-card[/FONT]). Haven't updated to recent ROM version cus would like to have ease with my setting up. May get a card reader and try. Also what version of Dark Tremors are you using? I have original version but am thinking of flashing latest" dtapps...04beta" version to see if that'll help. Thanks again :)

I use beta 4 and it rocks...it even has the datasd command which give back alot of system memory!

Reactions: DaniellieeE
Upvote 0
I use beta 4 and it rocks...it even has the datasd command which give back alot of system memory!

I'm right now going to try beta 4v first to see if that will allow me to copy sd-ext w out error; if no error and have necessary backups, will wipe dalvik cache and cache, then flash updated ROMv (and some other zips have to add). ~~ coool;) ~thanks again for your help

Upvote 0
scaled.php

Awesome!!! 806mhz w/smartass gov and stagefright!!!!
scaled.php

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones