• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Roms Compatible with Gumbo Kernel?

So, I was running the 1.5 software on my Hero, with the stock rom, and gumbo kernel a few months back. My Hero was incredibly fast! I then decided to try out a ROM, to see what the difference was. I chose Aloysius 2.1, and really like the lay out of it. I love that I now have Live Wallpapers. The one I flashed also has OC'ing included. I have read that a number of people have an overclock kernel sensitive Hero as well. At first it was nice and speedy, but then my phone started heating up waaaay too much. So, I lessened the OC to 518, which keeps it from getting too warm. I also run Darktremors apps2sd. I am curious though, if I were to flash the non-OC Live Wallpaper version of Aloysius 2.1 over my current OC Live Wallpaper version of Aloysius 2.1, and flashed the Gumbo Kernel on top of it...would that work? I'm really wanting my phone to be back to the little speedster it once was! Or maybe just flash the non-OC version and use the auto killer, with the gumbo kernel, if possible? I've been told that since I have a nandroid on my laptop of pre-aloysius 2.1, that I can revert back to the 1.5 stock rom, but i'll lose my apps2sd.

Or, if I am not able to flash the non-OC LWP Aloysius 2.1, with the Gumbo Kernel flashed on top of the ROM, is there a ROM that will allow me to use Gumbo Kernel, apps2sd, and auto killer? Or should I just stick with Aloysius 2.1 without the OC and use the auto killer? Do any of you have any advice? I've tried on XDA a few times to get answers, but they are always overlooked.

I'm also really sorry for the long post, this is just something that I have been trying to get answered for awhile now, but not been very successful in getting help with.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones