1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root and Password

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by hen23, Aug 19, 2010.

1. hen23

hen23 Newbie

Hello all, I have recently rooted my phone and installed a new theme. I now have a good grip of how to use adb and whatnot, but I have one question left.

I remember reading something somewhere about putting a password in the phone for something that has to do with root. I remember reading how there is always a default password and because of that it makes you very vulnerable to attacks from apps and other people. If someone could inform me that would be great. Thanks

2. Fabolous

Fabolous Superuser

Yeah, what you remember reading was about a jailbroken iPhone and the default password when you ssh'd into it.

3. hen23

hen23 Newbie

Oh so I dont have to worry about setting a password or anything? My phone is safe?

4. Paycer

Paycer Android Enthusiast

Fabolous is correct. I've had my iPod Touch 2G 32GB for about a year by next month, and I've jailbroken it many times. I use SSH on it constantly and I've changed my root password on it. It has a default password of, "alpine," but I've since changed it to a personal one.

The DX does not have a password of sorts for root access. I mean, there's a password if you try to root your device manually through the shell, but that's different and is the only one that I can think of.

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews