• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root root and unroot galaxy mini 2.3.5

haimn

Lurker
Oct 18, 2011
Hi, I have galaxy mini with android 2.3.5 (I updated the phone with kies), all I found was about 2.3.4, I didn't found anything about 2.3.5, the guide on the sticky will work for me? (superoneclick freezes me at part 6)
and if I'll whant to unroot the phone, there is a way to do that without flashing the stock-rom? because I can't find stock-rom for galaxy mini with 2.3.5.
thanks!

Hi, I have galaxy mini with android 2.3.5 (I updated the phone with kies), all I found was about 2.3.4, I didn't found anything about 2.3.5, the guide on the sticky will work for me? (superoneclick freezes me at part 6)
and if I'll whant to unroot the phone, there is a way to do that without flashing the stock-rom? because I can't find stock-rom for galaxy mini with 2.3.5.
thanks!
2.3.4 cant root with oneclick hear somewhere link for upd_zip file download at your pc then copy in your sd then go to recovery mod with vlume down+on+middle button and install upd_zip file.then reboot phone .and 2.3.5 its pre rooted no need to root if u see in your apps superuser that one is rooted.now you use 2.3.7 its best. before i m also dosnt like but then ill try again its v.g for me and fast

Upvote 0
2.3.4 cant root with oneclick hear somewhere link for upd_zip file download at your pc then copy in your sd then go to recovery mod with vlume down+on+middle button and install upd_zip file.then reboot phone .and 2.3.5 its pre rooted no need to root if u see in your apps superuser that one is rooted.now you use 2.3.7 its best. before i m also dosnt like but then ill try again its v.g for me and fast
I updated the phone to 2.3.5 with kies, so it's unroot. install upd_zip file of 2.3.5 can cause damage to my cell phone?

here is video of my phone:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pvs0Px-0pW0

Upvote 0
I updated the phone to 2.3.5 with kies, so it's unroot. install upd_zip file of 2.3.5 can cause damage to my cell phone?

here is video of my phone:
Samsung S5570 Galaxy Mini with Gingerbread 2.3.5 - YouTube

No, it doesn't damage your phone... Me and others have rooted successfully.
Read this and follow the steps carefully........:)
Handy Informations: How to Root Samsung Galaxy Pop/Mini GTS5570 Running Gingerbread 2.3.4 OS?
:)

Just a note: I saw yours is gb 2.3.5 so I'm not sure about that but, if you want to root 2.3.4 it works flawlessy...
Also, I heard latest SuperOneClick can root Gingerbread too... You can give it a try --But, at your own risk--. :)

Upvote 0
after root how to install unicode font (tamil) pls help

GO through this article : It has detailed instructions How to Display Characters of Any Regional Languages on your Android Smart Phone?

:)

i have my samsung galaxy mini gt s5570 running gingerbread 2.3.5 I need information and guide desperately on how to safely root it. I upgraded it to 2.3.5 with Kies. Please, help

Try this for rooting your device.... Rooting Samsung Galaxy Pop With Official Gingerbread 2.3.6.

The clean and clear instructions will help you root instantly. It works fine for 2.3.5 on Galaxy Mini. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones