• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Root Explorer] Backup for bloat removal tut

HalfFrozen

Android Enthusiast
Apr 23, 2010
AZ
I just wanted to share my way of making backups using Root Explorer only.

I DO have Titanium Backup, but for the people who only have RE, this is for you to make backups of system files before you erase them to remove the bloat.

Quick and easy.(for the most part)
1. Open up Root Explorer(RE) Then go into the root of your sdcard.
2. Click "Menu", and go to "More" and select "New File" and name it to what ever you want.
3. Go back to the main RE menu and go to 'system' and *long press* 'app' then select "copy"
4. Now Navigate back to your sdcard and go open the file you have created and just push "Paste" This will take a little while to paste, its alot of data.
5. Now you have a backup and are able to remove what ever you wish.(At your own risk that is!)

I am not sure if this will really help people, but I figured instead of posting half way down the page in one thread for some random person and just helping them and them only, I would post a whole new thread for it and help maybe more.. :)

This is the method I have setup on my Wife's phone and it works perfectly fine.

Reactions: cell0ne

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones