• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROOT] Flashable Odin tar

Did anyone come out for a root for the new samsung galaxy admire 4g from metro pcs?
Does odin work, or we still have to wait for the right root?
Does the root for the samsung galaxy attain work on the samsung galaxy admire 4g too?
Help!! ;(

Wow dude you're way behind lol. Try reading a little bit before posting lol but yeah the attain has been rooted for months now. Also that root method isn't from odin but you flash the attain-rooted-update.tar through odin and then you flash the deodexed rom to fix 4g. And this phone is not new lol

Upvote 0
hi i got my attain 4g metro pcs from ebay the phone is in excellent shape like new. it has never been dropped or anything. im inside a 4g area but im stuck in 1xrtt. how can i configure the 4g lte settings or edit them. i saw somewhere i have to open the build.prop but i dont know about that. i have flashed many phones and have worked with clockworkmod but i dont know anything more than that. i have contacted metro and they have done all they can to help me with this but no solution there. also i want to know if there are overclocked roms for this phone. i like playing subway surfer but it skips at times and i cant get good scores unlike on my girls captivate glide. please help thanks.

Upvote 0
hi i got my attain 4g metro pcs from ebay the phone is in excellent shape like new. it has never been dropped or anything. im inside a 4g area but im stuck in 1xrtt. how can i configure the 4g lte settings or edit them. i saw somewhere i have to open the build.prop but i dont know about that. i have flashed many phones and have worked with clockworkmod but i dont know anything more than that. i have contacted metro and they have done all they can to help me with this but no solution there. also i want to know if there are overclocked roms for this phone. i like playing subway surfer but it skips at times and i cant get good scores unlike on my girls captivate glide. please help thanks.

Hm there are no direct 4g settings if you mean in terms of turning it off or on. And build.prop tweaks would only affect the speed of 4g. Try running the 2.3.6 update that you can get off the samsung site and see if 4g works then. There are no overclocked roms for this phone. There are really no roms at all. Maybe less than 4 but none overclocked.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones