• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root root for gingerbread 2.3.3 + universal root guide

Did you root your phone successfully with this method?

• Total voters
Reactions: macartney101
Upvote 0
Rooting doesn't work ion my phone either

Get E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip (Status 7) installation aborted

When I use this procedure with ACE on 2.3.4 I also get:

[FONT=verdana,sans-serif]Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip[/FONT][FONT=verdana,sans-serif] (Status 7)[/FONT] [FONT=verdana,sans-serif]Installation aborted.[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana,sans-serif]Any ideas?[/FONT]

Hi,
I've tried every zip file on this and other sites, edited the updater-script file to suit my model and still get the same error.
Model is S5830T Build number G/Bread.DVKQ3
Kernel V. 2.6.35.7-perf-CL582397root@DELL153#1

Any new ideas will be welcomed

Upvote 0
1. Download attached file and copy it to your sdcard
2. Run in maintenance mode (power + middle button)
3. Update from sdcard, select the file upd_1.zip.
4. After the update completed - reboot in normal mode.

Thats all - now you have rooted ace with android 2.3.3, and superuser in your apps.

I tried severel time, but it says "installation aborted". what should i do now?

Upvote 0
Well the best way is first to unroot the phone as it is explained the procedure from the begining to the end. You need to download KIES the link is already in the tutorial. After that remove the SD card, SIM card and connect your phone with the USB to the PC and make an upgrade tru KIES for your firmware.

If you get a message this phone can't be upgraded is mostly from the mobile provider firmware that can't be upgraded becouse there are very diferent firmwares out there but Samsung have not supported all of them. In that case you need to do it manualy with ODIN. The files you can find them here as it explained on the bottom of the page how you upgrade a firmware: Samsung Galaxy ACE S5830 Original Stock ROMs (2.2.1 Froyo and 2.3.3,2.3.4,2.3.5,2.3.6 Gingerbread) Firmware for Europe, Asia, Arabic Version ~ Android Solution

Upvote 0
Hi,
Tried to root my ace GT-5830T GB 2.3.4 with upd_1.zip and Universal_GB_ROOT_v5.zip.
I get the same problems with either file.
Installing these files I get E: Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip

If I edit either 'updater-scriptfile' and add: getprop("ro.product.device") == "GT-S5830T"
I get the result instalation failed.

It has instaled the superuser app but it can't root the device and install busybox.

I'd love to know if anyone on Telstra has found a fix and a link to a working zip.

Thanks

Upvote 0
I assume I have installed it correctly as I followed the instructions and now have the SU app.
However when I try and load TB it says I don't have root access same goes for busybox.
When I try look in preferences of SU it says vnull next to the binery one and when I try
to update it I get "could not find installed binary" or something like this.

Edit: Formatting.

Upvote 0
Hi,
Tried to root my ace GT-5830T GB 2.3.4 with upd_1.zip and Universal_GB_ROOT_v5.zip.
I get the same problems with either file.
Installing these files I get E: Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip

If I edit either 'updater-scriptfile' and add: getprop("ro.product.device") == "GT-S5830T"
I get the result instalation failed.

It has instaled the superuser app but it can't root the device and install busybox.

I'd love to know if anyone on Telstra has found a fix and a link to a working zip.

Thanks

Try the new zip file is updated now it should work

I assume I have installed it correctly as I followed the instructions and now have the SU app.
However when I try and load TB it says I don't have root access same goes for busybox.
When I try look in preferences of SU it says vnull next to the binery one and when I try
to update it I get "could not find installed binary" or something like this.

Edit: Formatting.

That is something new or you are not runing gingerbread at all

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones