• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root root your mytouch 3g!!!

rooted and installed Cyanogen without a hitch!

One question though, I installed the latest version of Google Maps from the market and multitouch isn't working. How do I get the multitouch maps version like the i have with the browser?

You'd have to switch to a 2.1 rom to get multi-touch for mytouch.

OpenEclair v1.3.0.1

SuperEclair v2.4 + v3.0 [ALPHA]

CaNNoN202 Complete Eclair [v2.0]

eClair 5.2 by Laszlo

SuperEclairV8.2 by superatmel

Here are some pretty good 2.1 Eclair roms, in my opinion. I haven't tried SuperEclair, eClair by Laszlo, or SuperEclairv8.2. But right now I'm using Laszlo's donut rom and I really like it and people say great stuff about the Eclair, if you flash it and can't get any service, I have no idea how to help you, sorry, just wipe everything and flash another rom on top of it and you'll be back to normal, or just make a nandroid back up of it. Cannon202 is really nice, its pretty quick, I used it for awhile and liked it. And I haven't used an OpenEclair in a long time, but back when I did it was still pretty good, so now I'm sure its even better.

Good Luck!

Upvote 0
A few days ago I decided to change my 3g htc magic rooting to htc hero room, but in the middle of the process my phone turns off and when I turn on the whole screen was on black as a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark on the middle and unresponsive. Practically dead.
Can someone help?

If you still need help, I'd suggest, pulling the battery out, restarting while holding power and home and see if you can get the recovery image, if you can just wipe everything, repartition and flash something new and don't use that hero rom, or just try it again with wiping everything and repartitioning. Good luck!

Upvote 0
You'd have to switch to a 2.1 rom to get multi-touch for mytouch.

OpenEclair v1.3.0.1

SuperEclair v2.4 + v3.0 [ALPHA]

CaNNoN202 Complete Eclair [v2.0]

eClair 5.2 by Laszlo

SuperEclairV8.2 by superatmel

Here are some pretty good 2.1 Eclair roms, in my opinion. I haven't tried SuperEclair, eClair by Laszlo, or SuperEclairv8.2. But right now I'm using Laszlo's donut rom and I really like it and people say great stuff about the Eclair, if you flash it and can't get any service, I have no idea how to help you, sorry, just wipe everything and flash another rom on top of it and you'll be back to normal, or just make a nandroid back up of it. Cannon202 is really nice, its pretty quick, I used it for awhile and liked it. And I haven't used an OpenEclair in a long time, but back when I did it was still pretty good, so now I'm sure its even better.

Good Luck!

thanks, I might eventually try these out. I'm assuming they won't be as speedy as a cyanogen or superD donut rom though?

Upvote 0
Changes in upcoming Super D 1.10.3

So it will still be a couple days, as Eliot is working some kinks out of his new music widgets, SO here is what is coming:

–New Kernel with Anticipatory I/O, (this seems to work best)
–New Cpu Freq scaling settings
–A couple new Wallpapers
– New Music.apk with 4 widget options, [ 4x1 ; 4x2 ; 4x3 ; 4x4 ] oh yea all show album art
–Versions now have the ability to select between Nexus and Stock Launchers upon boot after you go through setup.
–Stock and Nexus both have preview dots and ADW options
–Htc Framework ( HTC Music compatible now, just drop the 1.6 apk and install it)
–Teeter
–Cache Problem is fixed, Maps will update successfully as will any other large file.
–Touch Screen much more responsive
–SD-Updater will no longer install as cm-updater
–All apps re-zip aligned and Opt’d
–Shadow’s Renice Script
–New Init Script
–Black versions will get the black search bar and black lockscreen restored

–****MAYBE*** Ramhack or no Ramhack option- I havent started on this, working on it tonight
–Rethemed Phone.apk to better match eclair

Sounds nice. I thought to install non hack 10.2 but now I will wait for this one.

– Im probably missing more stuff too but hey lol o well

Upvote 0
Changes in upcoming Super D 1.10.3

So it will still be a couple days, as Eliot is working some kinks out of his new music widgets, SO here is what is coming:

–New Kernel with Anticipatory I/O, (this seems to work best)
–New Cpu Freq scaling settings
–A couple new Wallpapers
– New Music.apk with 4 widget options, [ 4x1 ; 4x2 ; 4x3 ; 4x4 ] oh yea all show album art
–Versions now have the ability to select between Nexus and Stock Launchers upon boot after you go through setup.
–Stock and Nexus both have preview dots and ADW options
–Htc Framework ( HTC Music compatible now, just drop the 1.6 apk and install it)
–Teeter
–Cache Problem is fixed, Maps will update successfully as will any other large file.
–Touch Screen much more responsive
–SD-Updater will no longer install as cm-updater
–All apps re-zip aligned and Opt’d
–Shadow’s Renice Script
–New Init Script
–Black versions will get the black search bar and black lockscreen restored

–****MAYBE*** Ramhack or no Ramhack option- I havent started on this, working on it tonight
–Rethemed Phone.apk to better match eclair

Sounds nice. I thought to install non hack 10.2 but now I will wait for this one.

– Im probably missing more stuff too but hey lol o well

"LOL yes guys I am working on putting together #SuperD 1.10.3 right now, the Ramhack switch option will have to wait till next version 5:14 PM Apr 11th via web " - Ben Buchacher via Twitter

I don't think that'll be implemented, that'll be a good improvement, I know that Laszlo has that going in his donut rom and its is pretty handy.

Upvote 0
[ROM] {G1/MT3G} Super D 1.10.3 "Rehab is for Quitters" [4/13/2010] - AndroidSPIN Forums
10.3 is out.

How to flash it now. What is danger spl. No wipe everything now just flash rom?

You do not need danger SPL for mytouch 3g.

I didnt get your last statement. But if you are asking how to install, just wipe everything and install drc83 and the rom. you will need to update your partition from ext2 to ext3. Do not bother about it if you were already running a superD before.

Upvote 0
You do not need danger SPL for mytouch 3g.

I didnt get your last statement. But if you are asking how to install, just wipe everything and install drc83 and the rom. you will need to update your partition from ext2 to ext3. Do not bother about it if you were already running a superD before.

So I need to wipe everything, I thought just to install new version I have 10,2 now.

Also why do I need partition I rooted then installed base image then rom I didn't do any partition. Because I have Super D I need now just to flash new version no base and wipe, that I wonted to ask.

Upvote 0
So I need to wipe everything, I thought just to install new version I have 10,2 now.

Also why do I need partition I rooted then installed base image then rom I didn't do any partition. Because I have Super D I need now just to flash new version no base and wipe, that I wonted to ask.

Partition is for apps2sd if you dont want that leave it as it is. I was going through xda and saw a lot of people having problem when installing directly over .2 without a wipe. Even ben (developer of superD) recommends a full wipe.

Reactions: Booky
Upvote 0
I really don't think that Apps2SD is that important for a Mytouch, it has twice as much internal memory as the G1. The reason Apps2SD was designed was for the original G1 developer users that wanted to install more apps, but with the Mytouch its not a problem. I mean there can be some increases in productivity with using JIT hacks, but really I don't believe that its that fantastic for us. I'm sure some believe otherwise, but oh well.

Upvote 0
New version running well, better then 10.2 for me no more lag when I exit from gallery, but I have force colose on android acore. I had that thing on last one too, after that all running well maybe little lag when I changing screens but I'm not sure.

How is the battery life? people seem to having a problem with that. What about call lag? Ben said he'll be releasing a newer version 1.10.4 soon fixing all the issues. Waiting for it.

Upvote 0
Buttery life is the same as I can see. Yesterday I installed rom when I had 70% buttery. I used phone all day and night as I was installing programs, a few phone calls and 3 sms, so I would say that buttery life is the same, I just charged phone again so I will see that after buttery is 100%.

My problems are still the same. I have that acore force close and mic is not laud enough, people having problems to hear me. But as I said gallery problem is solved.

Upvote 0
How is the battery life? people seem to having a problem with that. What about call lag? Ben said he'll be releasing a newer version 1.10.4 soon fixing all the issues. Waiting for it.

Wow if there is an update i will wait. Either that or go back to 1.9.3 I felt that 1.9.3 has to have been the most stable, non force closing, usable rom that Super D made to date.

Upvote 0
My problems are still the same. I have that acore force close and mic is not laud enough, people having problems to hear me. But as I said gallery problem is solved.

For mic problem there is an easy solution.

Mic issues with mytouch running SuperD roms

for acore FC try this:

Originally posted on xda by fordmanck
Go to Terminal and type:

su (Enter)
fix_permissions (Enter) and let it do it's thing. When it's done type:
reboot(Enter)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/member.php?u=2371208

Reactions: Booky
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones