• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root root your mytouch 3g!!!

I would definitely help you to root your phone, but I don't not know much about the Mytouch 1.2 rooting process, if I did I would definitely assure you that we could do it, however, I suggest asking Shawn1224 for more help with it. I'm sure that with rooting you're phone would be much faster and capable of handling a theme like Pandahome, because I haven't see any root theme that are quit ethe same as home replacement apps. There are many themes that work to change the colors, icons, dialer, and a few other visual things, but I haven't seen much of any that give you custom application trays like those apps like PandaHome or SweeterHome.

I'll probably end up not rooting it. I'd get in so much trouble if I broke my phone haha. But does overclocking your phone hurt it? Like not running 528 all the time but in general.

Upvote 0
If you use the updater all you have to do is select to download the new version, then it will ask if you want to apply the update now or later. Just select now and it will reboot your phone and go into your recovery image and flash the update. All you have to do is reboot after that.

Now that is an update i can do. :p

Upvote 0
I have Super D 1.10.2 but some apps and games are just don't working. I tried some moto mayhem I playd that game on 1.5 without problem also I tried SpeedX and it's not working also Raging Thunder2 and lag it was so big that I couldn't play also 3d labyrinth not working and power manager won't work.

Other apps working just fine like Bonsai blast and all other apps. Phone running smooth and fine, rom is fast and stable. Is something wrong with apps above or with my Super D. Also I restored that apps from astro backup maybe that's problem, don't know.

Upvote 0
I thought so but just wanna to check. Also I'm interested what is the different between hack ram version and non hack?

The ram hack version takes ram that your phone would use for 3D effects mainly with video games that are 3D intensive. But it does give you 10 extra megabytes for the rest of your phone, but those games will be very laggy and staggered. So the non ram hack version just leaves it as is and you can play your games fine.

Upvote 0
Okay I recently got a MT3G (like last week recent), and I already want to Root my phone out. Thing is after trolling around a bit it just seems that a 32A is going to give me trouble, now I'm not quite sure if anything new has come up for it, but I will post my data read out from the fast boot up so that someone can help. I pretty much know what I want, that SD that JFritz seems to be all over is the ROM I would like to use. :p

SAPPHIRE PVT 32A SHIP S-ON G
HBOOT-1.33.0013
CPLD-13
RADIO-2.22.23.02
Oct 21 2009, 22:33:27

Could someone one let me know if that 32A is going to be more trouble than it's worth.

EDIT: This isn't going to mess up my warranty is it...that's my main concern. I'm assuming that it won't since it is an open source phone, but it's never safe to just assume something.

Upvote 0
Okay I recently got a MT3G (like last week recent), and I already want to Root my phone out. Thing is after trolling around a bit it just seems that a 32A is going to give me trouble, now I'm not quite sure if anything new has come up for it, but I will post my data read out from the fast boot up so that someone can help. I pretty much know what I want, that SD that JFritz seems to be all over is the ROM I would like to use. :p

SAPPHIRE PVT 32A SHIP S-ON G
HBOOT-1.33.0013
CPLD-13
RADIO-2.22.23.02
Oct 21 2009, 22:33:27

Could someone one let me know if that 32A is going to be more trouble than it's worth.

EDIT: This isn't going to mess up my warranty is it...that's my main concern. I'm assuming that it won't since it is an open source phone, but it's never safe to just assume something.

I wish I could help more, but since you have the 1.2 Mytouch, I have no idea, but I do know that Shawn1224 knows the most about this, he's been around for a long time and recently got a 1.2 and rooted it using the unlockr tutorial, PM him and he will help you out. Good luck, oh and he is also running SuperD so that can be done, I wasn't sure. Oh and in order to change your radio, you will need to just flash those radio files just like your would a rom. So flash whatever rom the Unlockr or Shawn1224 tells you to, then go from there by flashing a new radio and then the new rom. But still that needs to be studied in more detail to be safe. Browse around XDA Developers Forum for some answers on Radio and SPL changes, it'll sound confusing but read it and benefit. Good Luck!

Upvote 0
Just updated the Super D way and WOW thats easy. Almost as easy as the regular 1.5 to 1.6 update i had on my first mytouch.

Now if only he could not have 15 options to choose from it would be much easier. :)

Thats true there are a ton to choose from, but the I just can't do the Nexus Launcher update, its too laggy, its pretty sweet how it fades in and out, but its too jagged, I think he'll take that out with the next build. And so I just stick with the black ram hack, thats definitely the best looking I think, a sleek jet black setup beats out the white for sure. Anyway, happy flashing! ;)

Upvote 0
Just thought I'd mention that I went back to CM. The latest SuperD altered the framework-res too much for MetaMorph themes to work.

I added the Ram Hack kernel to CM, and it's every bit as fast as SuperD, possibly a little faster. I have the (Linpack) numbers to prove it. lol

I bet it is just as fast, I don't think I ever did the ram hack with Cyanogen, maybe I'll give that a try one of these days. I really do feel like flashing something, just been feeling like exploring latey.

Upvote 0
Okay I'm having trouble setting up my goldcard..... I've tried a Sandisk 4GB (which I believe Shawn said worked for him), and I guess some sort of knock off card. I am not sure if I'm doing it wrong or what, but I am following the instructions to the "t". I get through the whole thing but when I reinsert the card into my laptop it tells me to reformat....

Upvote 0
Thats true there are a ton to choose from, but the I just can't do the Nexus Launcher update, its too laggy, its pretty sweet how it fades in and out, but its too jagged, I think he'll take that out with the next build. And so I just stick with the black ram hack, thats definitely the best looking I think, a sleek jet black setup beats out the white for sure. Anyway, happy flashing! ;)
Same here. Super D with black hack rom is really nice. I didn't try nexus one, but now when I see that has lag I won't:)

Upvote 0
I am using the nexus one rom and it fly's on my phone. I had it up against a MT3G v1.2 and it was smoking it. My friend got all pissed off. LOL

NO lag, I did have a lot of lag when i was using another home app.

BTW jfritz i still am having issues with the themes. I can not figure out how to get them things to load up. All i have options for are the fonts. Am i missing something?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones