• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Watching the progress..... The only thing that keeps me from using my upgrade for the new commando is rooting it.

Me too.

I'm not savvy enough to figure it out on my own, but can follow the directions and methods of others.

I know this phone is a niche market like the previous one, so it doesn't get as much attention as the more popular styles- but I'm thankful for ANY attention it gets when it comes to rooting it.

I know there are a lot of lurkers wondering the same thing :)

Upvote 0
Hey guys I haven't been around here in ages. Idk if anyone remembers me but I recognize elderlypunk. I was one of the few who poked around in detail with the old commando in regards to root. Ive since gone on to less durable more developer friendly phones (currently gs4) but my friend may be getting this commando and he might let me mess with it for a bit. No promises though

Reactions: elderlypunk
Upvote 0
Hey guys Im from indonesia. Im using casio Gzone CA 201L, is similiar with Casio G’zOne Commando 4G LTE.
Gzone CA 201L is for south korean market, and Casio G’zOne Commando 4G LTE for verizon.

Rooted my Gzone CA 201L is easy ( im using pc with windows 7)
1. Download and install Driver Gzone CA 201L or Casio G’zOne Commando 4G LTE
2. Download application unlockroot pro in UnlockrRoot/SuperOneClickRoot---Android Root
3. Instal this application and then root your device.

oke guys, may be usefulhttp://androidforums.com/casio-g-zone-commando-4g-lte/

Upvote 0
Hey guys I haven't been around here in ages. Idk if anyone remembers me but I recognize elderlypunk. I was one of the few who poked around in detail with the old commando in regards to root. Ive since gone on to less durable more developer friendly phones (currently gs4) but my friend may be getting this commando and he might let me mess with it for a bit. No promises though

Good to hear from you spike! regardless of how dumb phone stuff goes, I hope life is treating you and yours well....

Upvote 0
Hi I have the casio commando m130. Hoping to get the cammando 4g when my up grade comes. Ok I do rom work for the m130. Am willing to help with what I can. If brevitas2005 can post what you have I can look at it. Plus if some one that has root can adb shell then su the cat proc/partition. And post what you get. You also can try cat proc/mtd that may work to. And post what your out put is. This will help figure partitions for device. Forgot one try this one to cat proc/mounts.

Upvote 0
tried using the SuperOneClick Program... it blue screened my windows 7 box and corrupted the Commando 4G device Drives. I may try the unlock root program later.

Ok after playing around a little bit it looks like I have ADB able to see my device. I'm performing a backup with it now.

Things to note: Don't install the verizon backup program, only the drivers.
Enable USB Debugging mode and set the connection type to camera.

If you don't you'll probably get multiple BSOD like myself.
Once the backup completes. I'll probably try SuperOneClick again and let ya'll know the results.

Upvote 0
Hi I have the casio commando m130. Hoping to get the cammando 4g when my up grade comes. Ok I do rom work for the m130. Am willing to help with what I can. If brevitas2005 can post what you have I can look at it. Plus if some one that has root can adb shell then su the cat proc/partition. And post what you get. You also can try cat proc/mtd that may work to. And post what your out put is. This will help figure partitions for device. Forgot one try this one to cat proc/mounts.
I made a nandroid of the system,recovery, and boot is that what you want?

1|shell@android:/ # cat proc/mounts
cat proc/mounts
rootfs / rootfs ro,relatime 0 0
tmpfs /dev tmpfs rw,nosuid,relatime,mode=755 0 0
devpts /dev/pts devpts rw,relatime,mode=600 0 0
proc /proc proc rw,relatime 0 0
sysfs /sys sysfs rw,relatime 0 0
none /acct cgroup rw,relatime,cpuacct 0 0
tmpfs /mnt/asec tmpfs rw,relatime,mode=755,gid=1000 0 0
tmpfs /mnt/obb tmpfs rw,relatime,mode=755,gid=1000 0 0
none /dev/cpuctl cgroup rw,relatime,cpu 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p13 /system ext4 ro,relatime,user_xattr,barrier=1,data=ordered
0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p14 /data ext4 rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_xattr,barrier=1,d
ata=ordered,noauto_da_alloc 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p15 /persist ext4 rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_xattr,barrier=
1,data=ordered 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p16 /cache ext4 rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_xattr,barrier=1,
data=ordered 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p22 /fota ext4 rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_xattr,barrier=1,d
/dev/block/mmcblk0p26 /log ext4 rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_xattr,barrier=1,da
ta=ordered,noauto_da_alloc 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p17 /tombstones ext4 rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_xattr,barri
er=1,data=ordered 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p27 /extres ext4 rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_xattr,barrier=1
,data=ordered 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p1 /firmware vfat ro,relatime,fmask=0000,dmask=0000,allow_utim
e=0022,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=lower,errors=remount-ro 0 0
/dev/fuse /mnt/sdcard fuse rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_id=1023,group_id=1023,d
efault_permissions,allow_other 0 0
/dev/block/vold/179:33 /mnt/external_sd vfat rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,rela
time,uid=1000,gid=1015,fmask=0702,dmask=0702,allow_utime=0020,codepage=cp437,ioc
harset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0
/dev/block/vold/179:33 /mnt/secure/asec vfat rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,rela
time,uid=1000,gid=1015,fmask=0702,dmask=0702,allow_utime=0020,codepage=cp437,ioc
tmpfs /mnt/external_sd/.android_secure tmpfs ro,relatime,size=0k,mode=000 0 0
shell@android:/ #

Upvote 0
I made a nandroid of the system,recovery, and boot is that what you want?

1|shell@android:/ # cat proc/mounts
cat proc/mounts
rootfs / rootfs ro,relatime 0 0
tmpfs /dev tmpfs rw,nosuid,relatime,mode=755 0 0
devpts /dev/pts devpts rw,relatime,mode=600 0 0
proc /proc proc rw,relatime 0 0
sysfs /sys sysfs rw,relatime 0 0
none /acct cgroup rw,relatime,cpuacct 0 0
tmpfs /mnt/asec tmpfs rw,relatime,mode=755,gid=1000 0 0
tmpfs /mnt/obb tmpfs rw,relatime,mode=755,gid=1000 0 0
none /dev/cpuctl cgroup rw,relatime,cpu 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p13 /system ext4 ro,relatime,user_xattr,barrier=1,data=ordered
0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p14 /data ext4 rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_xattr,barrier=1,d
/dev/block/mmcblk0p15 /persist ext4 rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_xattr,barrier=
1,data=ordered 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p16 /cache ext4 rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_xattr,barrier=1,
data=ordered 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p22 /fota ext4 rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_xattr,barrier=1,d
/dev/block/mmcblk0p26 /log ext4 rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_xattr,barrier=1,da
ta=ordered,noauto_da_alloc 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p17 /tombstones ext4 rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_xattr,barri
er=1,data=ordered 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p27 /extres ext4 rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_xattr,barrier=1
,data=ordered 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p1 /firmware vfat ro,relatime,fmask=0000,dmask=0000,allow_utim
e=0022,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=lower,errors=remount-ro 0 0
/dev/fuse /mnt/sdcard fuse rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_id=1023,group_id=1023,d
efault_permissions,allow_other 0 0
/dev/block/vold/179:33 /mnt/external_sd vfat rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,rela
/dev/block/vold/179:33 /mnt/secure/asec vfat rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,rela
tmpfs /mnt/external_sd/.android_secure tmpfs ro,relatime,size=0k,mode=000 0 0
shell@android:/ #

How did you nandroid? Do you have a custom recovery, if so how do I get it?

Upvote 0
I made a backup of my phone with adb. Adb backup -all.Also restored from the file to be sure it worked. Is it possible to now open it with something and edit the system files to allow for root then adb restore from that backup? I'm new to adb or any kind of trying to root besides following instructions.
Yes the back up is what I am talking about. And need you to look for a folder I device called vold.fstab if you can find it copy it to sdcard and pull it to pc and post it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones