• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I'm just making it sure. I don't want to break my phone because of a silly mistake. Also, is Odin3 v1.83 the right version?

Just read very carefully and thoroughly all the details and instructions in posts #1 - #3 and you will be fine. Don't rush rooting and do everything it says in those posts.

The version of Odin that is recommended in #1.4 is v3.07.

Just remember the ironass motto... "Flash in haste... repent at leisure" ;)

Upvote 0
Never mind, I'm stuck at #2.5. It says select, "wipe cache partition". When I select it, it gives a lot of choices. There is no wipe dalvik cache. But there is one in advanced. So my questions is, should I press something in: wipe cache partition?
Available choices:
No
No
No
No
No
No
Yes - Wipe Cache
No
No
No
+++++Go Back+++++

Upvote 0
I extracted the Siyah-s2-v6.0b5.rar and got a file: "zImage" but it does not say that it is .tar file, it just says file. Is this normal?

You need to download and use the .TAR file, NOT the .ZIP file, as per #1.8...

#1.8. Android Version 4.1.2, Jelly Bean.

Download the Siyah v6.0beta5 .TAR kernel file and flash via Odin as follows in post #2.)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones