• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rooted, but not installing any new ROMs

kerriannec31

Sep 17, 2011
My Galaxy S2 has been rooted for about 2 months now and has been running on the Lightening ROM no problem, but last night when i tried to install a new ROM through CWM it wouldn't let me. I tried to install Villianrom and Cyanogen mod and both failed. Both ROM s were shown on my SD card as zip files and when i tried to extract them they failed to get a signature and now when i boot into CWM neither of the ROM s show anywhere it just says NO FILES FOUND. Luckily i had a titanium backup of my Lightening ROM that i could revert to but i am puzzled as to why these ROM s wont install.

P.S. Just so you know i am using Linux mint and not windows as my windows laptop died on me

Any help would be appreciated

UPDATE: have managed to get a windows computer and have downloaded KIES and ODEN3 could someone tell me where to go from here. Or would i be better flashing it back to standard. I dropped and dragged the rom onto sd card done all the necessary wipes and then when i try to select a rom off sd card this is what i get:
Android/ Attachments/ DCIM/ Download/ GOLauncherEX/ Galaxy_S_Unlock/ GoStore/ LOST.DIR/ ScreenCapture/ ShareViaWifi/ Sounds/ TitaniumBackup/ Wallpapers/ WhatsApp/ bluetooth/ burstlyImageCache/ clockworkmod/ data/ external_sd/ media/ openfeint/ samsungapps/ usbstorage/ zedge/ update.zip
But never a ROM to select from!!

Please please can someone help!!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones