• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Rooted Droid 3 still no wifi hotspot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tahoe888

Lurker
Sep 23, 2011
Ok, so I got the new Droid 3 a while back because I had the original and really liked it. So now that I have the ability to use my unlimited data with my iPad I was really excited. I've rooted my phone, but for some reason I cannot surf the Internet with my iPad. I downloaded barnacle and I have located it with my iPad but it's not showing as a "client" on my phone. I can even see an ip address on my iPad, but it says I'm not connected to the Internet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Ok, so I got the new Droid 3 a while back because I had the original and really liked it. So now that I have the ability to use my unlimited data with my iPad I was really excited. I've rooted my phone, but for some reason I cannot surf the Internet with my iPad. I downloaded barnacle and I have located it with my iPad but it's not showing as a "client" on my phone. I can even see an ip address on my iPad, but it says I'm not connected to the Internet.

root has nothing to do with the hotspot. What you have to do is hack the phone's radio.

Best of luck...

Upvote 0

Verizon has implemented unauthorized tethering blocks into the DROID3's radio.
The only way to bypass this is to do the TBH wireless hack in the post above this one, but it is VERY easy to muck up your phone during the process, so read the ENTIRE thing before attempting.

Upvote 0
Friends, it is against Android Forums policy to advocate methods of bypassing carrier/user agreements, such as hacking a device in order to acquire services which that carrier sells.

Please do not take this up in another thread here at AF.

Feel free to PM a Moderator or the Admin, Phases, with any questions and/or clarification on this. :)

276415832.png

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones