1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Support Rooted Droid 3 still no wifi hotspot

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Tahoe888, Sep 25, 2011.

1. Tahoe888

Tahoe888 Lurker
    None

Sep 23, 2011
    Ok, so I got the new Droid 3 a while back because I had the original and really liked it. So now that I have the ability to use my unlimited data with my iPad I was really excited. I've rooted my phone, but for some reason I cannot surf the Internet with my iPad. I downloaded barnacle and I have located it with my iPad but it's not showing as a "client" on my phone. I can even see an ip address on my iPad, but it says I'm not connected to the Internet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Advertisement

2. mtva24

mtva24 Member
    None

Jul 21, 2011
    root has nothing to do with the hotspot. What you have to do is hack the phone's radio.

Best of luck...

3. imnotmikal

imnotmikal Android Expert
    None

Jun 7, 2010
    PC Technician
    Richmond, VA
    Verizon has implemented unauthorized tethering blocks into the DROID3's radio.
    The only way to bypass this is to do the TBH wireless hack in the post above this one, but it is VERY easy to muck up your phone during the process, so read the ENTIRE thing before attempting.

4. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra=
    None

Friends, it is against Android Forums policy to advocate methods of bypassing carrier/user agreements, such as hacking a device in order to acquire services which that carrier sells.

Please do not take this up in another thread here at AF.

Feel free to PM a Moderator or the Admin, Phases, with any questions and/or clarification on this. :)

[​IMG]