• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooted EVO 4G with Revolution installed synergy RLS1 and now stuck on white screen

pelletman

Jul 3, 2010
I am new at rooting. Anyone have any idea what I may have done wrong? Revolutionary seemed to work fine. The only think I may not understand correctly is "Upgrade of Hboot .92 is Required" I have HBOOT 6.16.1002 so I figured that was OK. I wiped cache, data and I had read that I didn't need to do dalvik as that was done when I did the factory reset from Revolutionary. Thanks for your help!

I've tried a single rewipe and reinstalled Synergy and it is still hanging up. Been about 30 minutes since last time and still hanging on the white screen

I also have to pull the battery to get it to shut down

Hmm.... I'd give it maybe a tad longer. I remember someone said they had to wait 30-45 minutes on one of the larger sense 3.0 roms.

If that doesn't work, then flash the super wipe file a few times, and maybe even go through and manually wipe them. Then flash the Rom.
Hope that helps.

Upvote 0
Do you have to partition your sdcard? If so, did you switch from ext2 to ext3 three times. and wipe what was needed to be wipe? I know there is instructions somewhere on xda on how to do it right.

Ocn has a link to the thread on partitioning your card somewhere here. Do a search for Synergy partition and it should pop up. I'd link you, but I'm still puterless. :(

You don't "have" to partition your card. It will give you more room once you move all your apps over, but its not "necessary".
Also remember you should have a class6 card or higher for this to work properly. ;)

Upvote 0
Ocn has a link to the thread on partitioning your card somewhere here. Do a search for Synergy partition and it should pop up. I'd link you, but I'm still puterless. :(

You don't "have" to partition your card. It will give you more room once you move all your apps over, but its not "necessary".
Also remember you should have a class6 card or higher for this to work properly. ;)

Yes, you DO have to partition the SD card with Synergy, it kind of saves problems from popping up in the near future. What is the problem with doing it? It definitely helped my phone perform better, and you still only need a class 4 or higher for this to work properly. WTF dude??

Upvote 0
Yes, you DO have to partition the SD card with Synergy, it kind of saves problems from popping up in the near future. What is the problem with doing it? It definitely helped my phone perform better, and you still only need a class 4 or higher for this to work properly. WTF dude??

if you have apps that use a lot of memory like games and such, the higher the class the better the app will function. yes a class 4 will work. but if you are looking for performance then a class 6 or better is recommended but not necessary.

here is the guide i use:http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1158993

Upvote 0
I am new at rooting. Anyone have any idea what I may have done wrong? Revolutionary seemed to work fine. The only think I may not understand correctly is "Upgrade of Hboot .92 is Required" I have HBOOT 6.16.1002 so I figured that was OK. I wiped cache, data and I had read that I didn't need to do dalvik as that was done when I did the factory reset from Revolutionary. Thanks for your help!

I had the same issue. I ended up restoring my last ROM, installed Amons RA recovery instead of clockwork and did a full wipe, superwipe, and them it worked.

HOWEVER, the ROm was super slow, would take forever to load Sense and once loaded, if I opened another program, it would take forever to load sense again. I ended up uninstalling the ROM afterall.

Upvote 0
I don't have amons or clockwork, I have Revolutionary... I'm not sure how I could restore my last ROM which would be OEM. I'm still stuck on the white screen... Appreciate any help. I's start from ground zero if I knew how!

actually you have clockwork mod. it is installed by revolutionary. synergy takes forever to install. what did you do before flashing it? did you wipe? or use superwipe?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones