• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Rooted my phone, to a generic 2.1 and now the phone says no SIM card is i the phone. It allows me access to everything else, but I can't get a signal or get it to recognize my SIM. I'm on FIDO in Canada. Any ideas?

Is your phone from Rogers?

If it is branded by Rogers it is locked to the Rogers network I guess.

You are on the Fido network using a Fido SIM card?

You might need your phone unlocked....not just rooted. Once it is on the network, you have to also change your MMS/Data settings too...they might be blank or they might have their Rogers settings if the phone is from Rogers.

Chose the option to go into Sony Ericsson and Download the Settings...it should auto download the right settings.

Upvote 0
So my phone is rooted, and im trying to get it to work still, tried using my friends rogers SIM to no luck either. Tried updating through SEUS since i left my phone in 1.6 but it says my phone is fully updated. I've tried all your ideas, any new ones?

So, you put the SIM card in,...turn it on....and then you go into Settings and go into Wireless and Mobile...under Network mode you have both selected...under Network Operators....what shows? Anything?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones