• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooted phone and not able to transfer numbers.

mr_mannyb

Lurker
Apr 8, 2011
Just bought the new LG Connect and wanted to give my friend my rooted optimus. its running on one of the ICS roms.. however.. when we took it in, the man behind the countersaid he can transfer the phone numbers. but was working on the phone for like an hour. intill he finally just said that he cant transfer phone numbers because its rooted and im missing files/apps that would allow him to get into the system to transfer the number over.. is this true?.,
or is it a policy issue?..
and would anyone happen to know what files/apps he speaks of cuz shouldn't i just be able to reinstall them?..
i have a nandroid back up from when i first rooted my phone would that be the best way to go?

Just go to your contacts list and hit the menu button. Choose import/export. The select export to SD card.once it's done, you will have a vcard with all your numbers in it on your sdcard . Just send it to your other phones sd or pull it off the SD card with a PC and transfernit to your connect. On the new phone just select import from SD card. And you'll be good to go.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

Upvote 0
Just bought the new LG Connect and wanted to give my friend my rooted optimus. its running on one of the ICS roms.. however.. when we took it in, the man behind the countersaid he can transfer the phone numbers. but was working on the phone for like an hour. intill he finally just said that he cant transfer phone numbers because its rooted and im missing files/apps that would allow him to get into the system to transfer the number over.. is this true?.,
or is it a policy issue?..
and would anyone happen to know what files/apps he speaks of cuz shouldn't i just be able to reinstall them?..
i have a nandroid back up from when i first rooted my phone would that be the best way to go?

Which optimus is this anyways? Because if this is the optimus m and you have ICS that might just be your problem right there.....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones