1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Rooted phone and not able to transfer numbers.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mr_mannyb, Apr 16, 2012.

1. mr_mannyb

mr_mannyb Lurker

Just bought the new LG Connect and wanted to give my friend my rooted optimus. its running on one of the ICS roms.. however.. when we took it in, the man behind the countersaid he can transfer the phone numbers. but was working on the phone for like an hour. intill he finally just said that he cant transfer phone numbers because its rooted and im missing files/apps that would allow him to get into the system to transfer the number over.. is this true?.,
    or is it a policy issue?..
    and would anyone happen to know what files/apps he speaks of cuz shouldn't i just be able to reinstall them?..
    i have a nandroid back up from when i first rooted my phone would that be the best way to go?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid

stock root should work fine, if they still don't wanna transfer #s it's because of their policy with rooted phones......flash back to stock and they wouldn't know the difference but make sure you find someone else to transfer the numbers

3. mikekelso421

mikekelso421 Android Enthusiast

Just go to your contacts list and hit the menu button. Choose import/export. The select export to SD card.once it's done, you will have a vcard with all your numbers in it on your sdcard . Just send it to your other phones sd or pull it off the SD card with a PC and transfernit to your connect. On the new phone just select import from SD card. And you'll be good to go.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

4. Tokenpoke

Tokenpoke Android Expert

Transferring their number to the phone? Use qpst after trying manual programing with ##626*

5. t3084

t3084 Android Enthusiast

sounds like the tech wasn't very techie

6. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid

He's transferring his contacts list not MID.....

7. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid

Which optimus is this anyways? Because if this is the optimus m and you have ICS that might just be your problem right there.....

8. pmb116

pmb116 Android Enthusiast

He meant CM I'm sure. The programming files aka hidden menus are not present in CM. That's the issue. You do as Kelso suggested or if you have your contacts saved to Google just sync with your Google account when setting up the new phone.