• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rooted / Removed Music Player / Can't set music ringtone

Hmmm, I plan to put a different music player on there, I didn't care for the stock one. I'll keep looking.

Try that. I think the ringtones are a different file type, .ogg I believe. If you don't have an app on your phone that read .mp3, then it won't play. So an app that does read .mp3, whether its third party or stock, may solve your problem.

Upvote 0
Okay, I had my phone connected via USB, and it wasn't working, I disconnected it, and they magically showed up. I found another post where someone said having it mounted as a USB drive (which it was) would prevent the phone from accessing the SDCard. I don't know how true that is, but it seems to have worked. FWIW, I am currently playing an M4a as my ringtone downloaded from teh itunes apps store.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones