• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooter needs help resetting...

iamfiretruck

Jun 1, 2010
I have rooted my droidx and removed lots of bloat ware and have a bunch of root only programs and settings changed.

What is the EASIEST way to get back to how the phone came from the factory so I can start over?

EDIT: I have my contacts backed up plus they sync, springpad is synced, facebook is synced. I do not mind to download all the apps over and start over. I just want to start fresh.
EDIT2: I noticed the title is missing the C in Completely

No problem, brother. I'll move you to root section. To the best of my knowledge, if you've rooted, you're gonna need to get those programs back to upgrade to 2.2. I'm assuming you'll need them back to reset.

In any event, this needs to be moved to the sub-forum where folks are more knowledgeable than I am. Good luck, bro! :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones