• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root rootin the HD+?

Many thanks fro that referral Colchiro. I'll spend some real time there. It looks like I can find my answers - but it will take me a lot of searching. The people there appear to have a level of technologic experience which I can't match.

In an earlier post, you had wondered why I would want to root an e-reader. Well, I want a good mid-sized e-reader, but I also want to be able to use my regular Gmail account from that reader, and ideally I'd like to access the internet with it, occasionally. So - I guess I want a tablet which I can use as an e-reader. I also want something a bit larger than the "standard" 7 inch screen. The Nook HD+ and the Kindle Fire HD+ are the two best quality color e-readers.

Right now I'd leaning heavily toward the Nook HD+, if I get the idea that I could root it successfully. (Yes, many others have probably rooted an HD+, but I'm not in their technologic league. I will need lots of time, and possibly even a little hand holding.)

Bill

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones