• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooting Orange HTC desire.

Hello im new to rooting but quite good with computers so it doesnt bother me. Although i have a few questions before i go ahead rooting.

I have an orange branded HTC desire. PVT1, Hboot 0.93 and erase size of 20000.

Firstly am i safe to root with the above details?
I have read on some posts about problems rooting orange Htc desires as it locks the sim? what is this and will it happen to me?

Finally im looking for a stock RUU from orange uk, but cant find one anywhere. Does one exist, if so link pls :D . If not is there any way i can compile my own?

Thanks
Josh

-Edit-
One other thing ive been reading / scared about is usb/sd card bricking my phone. As the solution to this is usually flashing an RUU. If there is no orange RUU is it possible to flash just a stock RUU to the phone and manually enter APN settings? as i have sim unlocked my phone using sieempi.eu/blog/

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones