• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

If/When the root comes, will you do it?? Reply with your reasoning.

• Yes

Votes: 176 74.9%
  • No

Votes: 49 20.9%
  • Hasn't it already been rooted?

Votes: 10 4.3%

• Total voters
Simple. Free wifi tethering.

If verizon blocks the froyo built in feature I will be rooting other wise I don't see the need. The thing I absolutely love about android and these updates is that they are adding features that people want unlike iphone os updating features the phone should have had from the beginning.

So to answer the question proposed by the OP.... Maybe, it all depends on big red.

Upvote 0
I definitely will after it has been out for a couple months and the bugs worked out. Really liked wireless tethering with my laptop and iPad with my HTC Hero and miss it. Also would like to remove some apps I will never use/need. Lastly I want to mess with clock settings to see if I can get more battery life out of the 1750mAh battery instead of going to a larger battery that needs an extended battery cover to make it fit.

Upvote 0
Yes, but...

I did the whole ROM flashing thing with my last WinMo phone...got old after while and there was always something that did not quite work right inthe custom ROMS. So, I am not sure if I will step back into the custom ROM scene.

My main motivation for root is to be able to use Titanium Backkup to get a true image backup of the phone so that if I do mess it up, I can easily go back to that point in time

Upvote 0
OP here...

I must say, I was against rooting my phone when I opened this post and I wanted to get everyone else's opinion on the matter.

Now I must say, I wish I could vote again in my poll because I'm dying to root. I forgot how much fun I had (even though I bricked my old Omnia 4 times) playing with it and customizing it so no other phone looked like it.

I hope the Incredible eventually gets the root, the cookers and the support that every other device has gotten despite the mixup that happened before.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones