• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooting ..>

Does anyone knows how to root htc incredible s.Currently i am running andriod 2.3.3 I have tried such programs as z4root or superoneclick unfortunately non of them worked for me.any solutions? :thinking::thinking:

Check out AlphaRevX at AlphaRev X - Make it your phone and the HTC Incredible S section at XDA-Developers. AlphaRevX will S-OFF your Inc S which will allow you to install a custom recovery and permanently root current ROM.

Upvote 0
How can i root my phone using alpharev x because it doesn't support windows platform.also i have tried to dowload that program to a phone.no luck it just showed some .tgz file witch isn't supported by my phone.

Well unfortunately you were 2 days too late. The Windows version had been up for about 2 weeks, but when AlphaRev added Incredible 2 support on Friday, they found an issue with the Windows versions and pulled it.

You can use the Linux version by downloading a Ubuntu LiveCD and running the AlphaRevX. There are posts on XDA-Developers on how you can do that.

Update: The Windows version is now back online at http://alpharev.nl/x/beta

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones