• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooting

naenaek22

Lurker
Apr 2, 2012
I was also wondering if anyone could help me root my phone as I am hoping I can fix the wifi by doing that. I have superoneclick downloaded but I am still very new at this. Can someone please give me step by step directions on how to properly root this phone its an ally. Thank you!

Moved from Android Lounge.

I'd recommend you check out the sticky at the top of the forum: http://androidforums.com/ally-all-things-root/162822-lg-ally-rom-root-guide-faq.html

Also, if you have more problems, I'm sure people here could respond. But you'll find that superoneclicks generally are as advertised...one click and you're done. Although I don't have an Ally so I can't verify.

Edit: I just saw your wifi troubles thread in the Lounge. Try loading one of the ROMs posted in that faq. Your wifi driver in the kernel might be screwed up and loading a new ROM should fix that.

Upvote 0
I was also wondering if anyone could help me root my phone as I am hoping I can fix the wifi by doing that. I have superoneclick downloaded but I am still very new at this. Can someone please give me step by step directions on how to properly root this phone its an ally. Thank you!

Stop by the IRC channel to get some help. I'll be there and I can help you. You typically don't want to do a one click root if you don't have access to the bootloader, and you only get that if you had an original Ally.

Reactions: naenaek22
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones