• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root RUU as .zip ... possible?

Hi everyone,

So, I'm at my wits end - I've been trying to use the RUU executable file to bring my phone back to HTC Telstra Stock ROM (for random reasons).

Whenever I run the file, no matter what I do, it will not recognise Bootloader.

I've tried all manner of combinations of plugging/unplugging, forcing to bootloader by key press sequences etc etc.

No matter what I try, the RUU program simiply doesn't recognise it, and simply states "Cannot connect to your Android Phone".

I guess my question is simple ... these RUU files with the stock ROM's, are they available as a .zip I can easily flash using ROM Manager??

Thanks in advance,
Dave.

they can be, some people have converted them in the past

if i was you i would connect the device, uninstall all htc programs and then go into device manager and makesure all drivers for the phone is uninstalled

turn off debugmode, disconnect device, install htcsync and then connect the device to allow it to pick up the drivers.
after its installed the drivers then enable debug mode where it will probably have trouble (you will need to allow it to search automatically and then it will find it)
power down and boot into fastboot, check device manager and it should say Anndroid bootloader interface or my HTC. if it just has an exclemation then you will need to update the driver and again let it search
once it detects it as bootloader or my HTC then run the RUU

Upvote 0
Really appreciate that reply - I'll give it a go when I haven't been up for 19.5 hours :p

I think the only issue I can possible see with this scenario is the RUU file goes through a verification process for current systems ... will it simply skip this step if it detects the bootloader?

I guess I'll just give it a shot and see how I go!

Cheers Rasta,
Dave.

Upvote 0
You can extract the ROM.zip from any RUU to install via ZIP

Start the RUU and once at the first main screen click Start>Run and type

%temp%

now, find the newest folder and in there will be a ZIP file called Rom - copy this to your desktop and rename it PB99IMG. Now copy this to your SD card and start the phone in HBOOT (turn it on whilst holding volume down). It will find the file and start the update. Just follow the instructions...

It will wipe your phone, though

Reactions: patpending
Upvote 0
hey aim new to this forum i am a happy owner off a htc desire unbranded rooted whit unrevoked 3 i played around whit a lots of roms ande every thing was working fine the latest rom i used was gingerbread 2.3 whit the working cam i love that rom untill i installed a new game dont remenber the name not inportent what is is that my mobile phone keeps crashing and falling out (rebooting) afther i haved installed that game i tryed everything to fix the problem but aim realy stuck right now i am cooling my nervs by smoking highgrade aim lucky that the only thing thats still works is hboot and recovery
afther a wile it crashes to realy need help tnx jah blessings

Upvote 0
hey aim new to this forum i am a happy owner off a htc desire unbranded rooted whit unrevoked 3 i played around whit a lots of roms ande every thing was working fine the latest rom i used was gingerbread 2.3 whit the working cam i love that rom untill i installed a new game dont remenber the name not inportent what is is that my mobile phone keeps crashing and falling out (rebooting) afther i haved installed that game i tryed everything to fix the problem but aim realy stuck right now i am cooling my nervs by smoking highgrade aim lucky that the only thing thats still works is hboot and recovery

My spell checker crashed the other day too funnily enough.

Upvote 0

wah gwarn bredrin, yu nah av fi worry man. tings be bad but ya blix aint boom.
you can try go fi recovery an erase cache n dalvic and reboot ickle more but if it nah work den you will av fi wipe an install new rom again from start (dats if yu nuh dun backup pon de rom before ya mashup da ting)
Irie bredda
Jah bless, peace and unity

Upvote 0
wah gwarn bredrin, yu nah av fi worry man. tings be bad but ya blix aint boom.
you can try go fi recovery an erase cache n dalvic and reboot ickle more but if it nah work den you will av fi wipe an install new rom again from start (dats if yu nuh dun backup pon de rom before ya mashup da ting)
Irie bredda
Jah bless, peace and unity

I applaud this reply :D

Upvote 0
tnx for all ya comment but i allready tryed the hard reboot and giong back to stock doesnt seems to work hboot said bad or wrong image take s a long time to load to i think my phone is history and the good dayz are over now whit my htc desire and i dint remeber what rom was installed from factory i read a forum it say s that my motherbord can b broken if your phone keeps crashing
i cant even load up a rom man

Upvote 0
eh breddah, if you can get fi hboot then ya can get ya phone back a work.
yuh can get fi recovery right? av yuh try wipe data/factory reset from clockwork and den flash a new rom dem from sdcard just fi get da phone to a working order?

if that nuh work then wi av fi find out what version of rom you were on before you flash it an which carrier its form my yout.
boot fi hboot an select fastboot
connect device to computer
in command prompt type "fastboot oem boot"
look for tha area that says "INFOCID IS " and give us the value

bless

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones